Pine 64 plus
Nobody said damaged, only a remark to address the poor packaging of the goods. It could drift all over the board during the long trip from China to home.
Big Grin
To address the loose button thing, during the kickstarter campaign, a stretch goal was reached which proposed a power button to be fitted to the Pine A64 board. Whilst some thought this a great idea, others were strongly against it, arguing that redesigning the board would cause delays. When it was explained that the board had already been designed to accommodate the button, that brought some satisfaction, but some still preferred not to have a power button mounted direct to the board, arguing that amongst other reasons, they might want to wire up a button themselves and not have it directly attached to the Pine A64 board. 

So a compromise was reached. Pine A64 Inc would provide a button, and if you wanted to, you could attach it. If you didn't want to, you didn't have to and were welcome to use your own solution.

Skip forward a few months and boards are starting to ship. People are mentioning finding a loose button in their package that they fear may have somehow fallen off the Pine. They post their concerns here and are informed, usually in shorthand, of the info mentioned above. 

Whilst it is frustrating not to have people reading through the updates that happened during the kickstarter campaign to keep themselves informed, or not reading the various threads here before posting their duplicate questions (some days I do feel slightly like just going on a massive deleting spree), the purpose of this forum is to assist and educate, and that includes helping everyone, even those who assume a loose button must have fallen from a board that has been damaged during transit.
(04-16-2016, 06:08 PM)SkairkrohBule Wrote: To address the loose button thing, during the kickstarter campaign, a stretch goal was reached which proposed a power button to be fitted to the Pine A64 board. Whilst some thought this a great idea, others were strongly against it, arguing that redesigning the board would cause delays. When it was explained that the board had already been designed to accommodate the button, that brought some satisfaction, but some still preferred not to have a power button mounted direct to the board, arguing that amongst other reasons, they might want to wire up a button themselves and not have it directly attached to the Pine A64 board. 

So a compromise was reached. Pine A64 Inc would provide a button, and if you wanted to, you could attach it. If you didn't want to, you didn't have to and were welcome to use your own solution.

Skip forward a few months and boards are starting to ship. People are mentioning finding a loose button in their package that they fear may have somehow fallen off the Pine. They post their concerns here and are informed, usually in shorthand, of the info mentioned above. 

Whilst it is frustrating not to have people reading through the updates that happened during the kickstarter campaign to keep themselves informed, or not reading the various threads here before posting their duplicate questions (some days I do feel slightly like just going on a massive deleting spree), the purpose of this forum is to assist and educate, and that includes helping everyone, even those who assume a loose button must have fallen from a board that has been damaged during transit.

Should there be a "before you post read this Q+A" sticky post in all the forums with link to the detail in the threads?
(04-17-2016, 03:11 AM)frewind Wrote:
(04-16-2016, 06:08 PM)SkairkrohBule Wrote: To address the loose button thing, during the kickstarter campaign, a stretch goal was reached which proposed a power button to be fitted to the Pine A64 board. Whilst some thought this a great idea, others were strongly against it, arguing that redesigning the board would cause delays. When it was explained that the board had already been designed to accommodate the button, that brought some satisfaction, but some still preferred not to have a power button mounted direct to the board, arguing that amongst other reasons, they might want to wire up a button themselves and not have it directly attached to the Pine A64 board. 

Should there be a "before you post read this Q+A" sticky post in all the forums with link to the detail in the threads?

Perhaps yes. What is needed really is some other Pine64 staff (apart from TL Lim) working full time on organising this forum. I try and help out where I can by reorganizing posts and answering questions here or there, but like many people posting (and moderating) here, I have a full time job, family, other commitments, etc. 

One option is to have a sticky created for each sub-forum addressing the most common questions and answers, and re-directing to this sticky any posts that relate to it, and closing threads that have gone wildly off topic or that aren't really going anywhere. 

Some threads could also be merged, but I'm wary of trying this out and not being able to revert the merge if I mess something up.

-------

For instance, this thread 'Pine 64 plus' doesn't really have a focus or definite topic, thereby leaving it open to endless tangents and making it less useful as a source of specific information. Ideally threads should have a focus on a specific topic and should try to adhere to that topic. Where a thread does go off on an apparent tangent, it should recognise this as such and instead refer to a more appropriate thread, or if no such thread yet exists, one should be created. That way a database of cross-referenced information can gradually accumulate.

Like I say, the forum really needs a full-time organiser right now.
(04-17-2016, 08:53 AM)SkairkrohBule Wrote:

Perhaps yes. What is needed really is some other Pine64 staff (apart from TL Lim) working full time on organising this forum. I try and help out where I can by reorganizing posts and answering questions here or there, but like many people posting (and moderating) here, I have a full time job, family, other commitments, etc. 

One option is to have a sticky created for each sub-forum addressing the most common questions and answers, and re-directing to this sticky any posts that relate to it, and closing threads that have gone wildly off topic or that aren't really going anywhere. 

Some threads could also be merged, but I'm wary of trying this out and not being able to revert the merge if I mess something up.

-------

For instance, this thread 'Pine 64 plus' doesn't really have a focus or definite topic, thereby leaving it open to endless tangents and making it less useful as a source of specific information. Ideally threads should have a focus on a specific topic and should try to adhere to that topic. Where a thread does go off on an apparent tangent, it should recognise this as such and instead refer to a more appropriate thread, or if no such thread yet exists, one should be created. That way a database of cross-referenced information can gradually accumulate.

I reserved this week to clear up forum and wiki page after busy with KS production on last week in China, both sites need to tidy up.

-------

At the risk of pushing this topic even more off topic Smile , I think most of us understand a forum like this take a massive amount of time to moderating and we appreciate the efforts of those give their time at the moment.
(04-17-2016, 09:42 AM)tllim Wrote:

-------

I reserved this week to clear up forum and wiki page after busy with KS production on last week in China, both sites need to tidy up.

If you want, PM me when you are ready, I will try to help.

(04-17-2016, 10:42 AM)frewind Wrote:

-------

At the risk of pushing this topic even more off topic Smile , I think most of us understand a forum like this take a massive amount of time to moderating and we appreciate the efforts of those give their time at the moment.

Haha, this thread has no topic Wink

The forum just needs a bit of restructuring and preferably a person whose full-time job it is to monitor and organise things.
(04-17-2016, 11:20 AM)Ghost Wrote:
(04-17-2016, 09:42 AM)tllim Wrote:

-------

If you want, PM me when you are ready, I will try to help.

(04-17-2016, 10:42 AM)frewind Wrote:

-------

Haha, this thread has no topic Wink

The forum just needs a bit of restructuring and preferably a person whose full-time job it is to monitor and organise things.

KH, me and another new moderator have discussed about tidy up the forum today. We also need to proceed with cautious, especially moving or closing some threads, some users can feel upset and not respect them when tidy up. As I mentioned this is a community forum, we always appreciate and thanks on moderators and users contribution. We will make a proposal first before making a major move or restructure, so that user can provide their comments.
(04-15-2016, 10:39 AM)Lou Reed Wrote: Where can I purchase a 2 GB Pine 64 plus with acrylic case and wifi?

All I can see is a place to buy just the basic SBC and it does not even guarantee the delivery date.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

Okay, but I must ask again. I want the Pine 64 with 2GB and the acrylic case. I also want the wifi.

I have had nothing to do with the Kickstarter on this. I am just a customer.

I would to buy a 2GB Pine 64 with acrylic case and wifi. I only see a place to purchase the computer, itself - nothing else.

Where may I purchase the acrylic case and wifi for the pine 64?

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

(04-19-2016, 11:42 AM)Lou Reed Wrote:
(04-15-2016, 10:39 AM)Lou Reed Wrote: Where can I purchase a 2 GB Pine 64 plus with acrylic case and wifi?

All I can see is a place to buy just the basic SBC and it does not even guarantee the delivery date.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

Okay, but I must ask again. I want the Pine 64 with 2GB and the acrylic case. I also want the wifi.

I have had nothing to do with the Kickstarter on this. I am just a customer.

I would to buy a 2GB Pine 64 with acrylic case and wifi. I only see a place to purchase the computer, itself - nothing else.

Where may I purchase the acrylic case and wifi for the pine 64?

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

Ah, the point of this thread!

Only the standalone SBC is available at the moment from the Pine64 website. If you want the acrylic case and WiFi module, you will need to wait until all the kickstarter rewards are sent out. It has been posted on another thread that the plan is to get the Pine64 shop (where you can buy boards and accessories) up and running at the end of April/beginning of May.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PINE A64 SBC: Clone of a functional 32GB SD card doesn't boot burningkrome 3 1,512 05-19-2023, 07:43 AM
Last Post: crocspot
  PINE A64 Ubuntu 18 or 20 IMG with touchscreen? burningkrome 0 554 04-29-2023, 05:13 AM
Last Post: burningkrome
  Pine A64 does only boot with Android 5.1 Dude 6 3,775 07-03-2022, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Dude
  Pine A64+ vs LCD do not boot DDS 3 5,866 02-23-2021, 05:33 PM
Last Post: thedu
  Autodetect if Pine unit is a Pine A64+ or PineA64-LTS pkfpeters 1 3,255 02-09-2021, 12:17 AM
Last Post: tllim
  Pine 64 | 2GB x2 & Acrylic Cases x2 for Sale | Canada - GTA ViperVi 1 4,424 01-18-2021, 03:45 PM
Last Post: squidius
  sd format?for pine 64 angegardien 3 7,622 12-06-2020, 03:53 PM
Last Post: junkyj753
  Node Red on the Pine DonFL 0 2,733 12-16-2019, 04:21 PM
Last Post: DonFL
Photo Pine A64+ from Kick starter running Pi-Hole netHolio 0 3,206 12-02-2019, 09:36 PM
Last Post: netHolio
  NetBSD for Pine A64(+) Luke 3 6,624 10-05-2019, 11:04 PM
Last Post: mrgtwentythree