ADB support
Hello

First off, I wanted to say that I've tried searching for other threads, but ADB is not a good keyword on the boards (min. 4 characters...) and google didn't really bring up anything.

I have to use ADB (preferrably over network) to debug my apps on the Rock64.
I have tried seraching for it but nada, can't call ADB using terminal, I assume it's just not there.

Is there any way I could get it installed?
I am using the latest Android 7.1 stock booted from SD card.
Without it, I'm actually lost. I can't profile nor debug my apps, and I can see some sluggish mp4 playback, and I don't know why.

It's not only for that, android development without ADB is barely possible.

Thank you 
Krystian
Hello Krystian,

You can download the Android platform tools from here: https://developer.android.com/studio/rel...tools.html - "SDK Platform-Tools for Linux".

I haven't tested them, since on Debian I just did "apt-get install adb".
Hello a1w.ca

thanks for you answer, however I don't think that's what I meant.

I need the aprt which sits inside the android devices, not tools which allow to connect to devices.
In other words, I use ROCK64 as the go to platform for running my apps, not for app development.
the adb binary is included in the package that a1w.ca mentioned. as well as other "tools" that you will need. just go to the linked page and start to read , it is clearly explained what the sdk/tools will do.
(02-23-2018, 12:43 PM)dkryder Wrote: the adb binary is included in the package that a1w.ca mentioned. as well as other "tools" that you will need. just go to the linked page and start to read , it is clearly explained what the sdk/tools will do.

These are meant to communicate WITH android device. What I need is the adb service to put ON the android device (rock64 stock rom). I need the adbd.
have you gone to the playstore and searched for adb & fastboot? those apps will install adb and fastboot on the device itself. you can also search google for adb on device and you will be linked to some that are not in playstore however i think that the adb dameon is quite old however xda has links to 2.0 insecure
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr...?t=1687590. and really, if you say adb over network like in your first post you are not using adbd to do that. you meant adb local to the device, which btw requires root. there is also adb via wireless.
(02-22-2018, 12:39 PM)krystian Wrote: Hello

First off, I wanted to say that I've tried searching for other threads, but ADB is not a good keyword on the boards (min. 4 characters...) and google didn't really bring up anything.

I have to use ADB (preferrably over network) to debug my apps on the Rock64.
I have tried seraching for it but nada, can't call ADB using terminal, I assume it's just not there.

Is there any way I could get it installed?
I am using the latest Android 7.1 stock booted from SD card.
Without it, I'm actually lost. I can't profile nor debug my apps, and I can see some sluggish mp4 playback, and I don't know why.

It's not only for that, android development without ADB is barely possible.

Thank you 
Krystian

I'm also experiencing some slow MP4 playback, if you figure out why I'd be grateful if you could share what you find.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does “0.2.14: jenkins-android-7.1-rock-64-69” support wifi? fbms 5 6,728 10-18-2017, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Guy the IT Guy