eMMC fail in 2% of flashing
Hi 

Is anyone know what can be the reason that the flash is warning "drive not found" or something like this after 2%-5% of lashing ?
the light is blinking on the USB2EMMC and lit constantly and that prompt with this error. 

I have test it with two different adapter and two eMMC. 

Thanks
(01-23-2018, 03:13 AM)barucha Wrote: Hi 

Is anyone know what can be the reason that the flash is warning "drive not found" or something like this after 2%-5% of lashing ?
the light is blinking on the USB2EMMC and lit constantly and that prompt with this error. 

I have test it with two different adapter and two eMMC. 

Thanks

I have experienced similar issues recently with one of my USB-eMMC adaptors - turned out it was faulty. I'd may be inclined to think yours may be faulty too. 

Have you tried a different USB socket on your computer ? have you tried a different computer ? what OS are you running ?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Thank Luke.
Sure I was tried in other PC and with to different adapters and Emmc's.
Also different software versions of flashing.
Ok. Please file a ticket.

The portal seems to work, but it doesn't. speaking to the space
(01-23-2018, 07:43 AM)barucha Wrote: The portal seems to work, but it doesn't. speaking to the space

What do you mean ? I have just tested the portal, it works fine.

My USB2EMMC adapter does not work either.
Homepage: https://ayufan.eu

Releases:
Rock/Pro 64/Pinebook Pro: LinuxChromium OS
So/Pine A64/Pinebook: LinuxAndroid 6.0Android 7.1

Buy me a Beer
In some case, I have read that there's problem with the network adaptor, witch has adress conflict

Envoyé de mon Power_2 en utilisant Tapatalk
(01-24-2018, 04:25 PM)michel.higny Wrote: In some case, I have read that there's problem with the network adaptor, witch has adress conflict

Envoyé de mon Power_2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Network adaptor? I'm confused ...

Same problem here...

I bought two of these emm 2 usb adapter for the previous rock64 emmc module i bought a few months ago. I have been unable to write any image on them. After a while, when writing the image file onto them, the write process stops, and etcher pop ups a message saying that he can't write to de module, and asks to re-try, test another module, try on another por, etc. I've tried all of them wihtout any luck...

That's what i've tried:

-Trying to write on 2 different emmc 32gb modules i bought with Etcher and Pine64 installer. No matter the combination between emmc modules and usb adapter i make, writing always stops suddenly (sometimes at 2%, sometimes at 40%, it can vary everytime i try tro write the image file)

-Tested both modules and both adapter on four different computers, with Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, without success.

-Tested to write different images from repository from Ayufan (xenial, jessie, OMV). No matter the image i choose, it always stop writing and giving the previous error

-Tested to disable everything on the computer mainboard. Disabling NIC adapter, Wireless, bluetooth, sound card, additional SATA controllers does not work at all

-Tested on different USB ports, from usb 2.0 to usb 3.0, always with the same effect: writing stops and gives an error

-Disabled power profiles on every computer tested, to set them at maximum performance. No success at all

-Disabled Windows UAC, created new user with administrative privileges, tried from differen hdd sources... Nothing worked

Besides this, i must say that every emms module has been previously tested, writing directly and android image on them through the Android Tool, and they worked ok, so the emmc modules are not the problem...

Opened a ticket and waiting for an answer, but it seems there must be a problem with the emmc to usb adapter, or at least with a batch of them...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Booting from eMMC saileshrajk 12 19,261 02-16-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: IanJames
  Problem with EMMC bootup and detection khantheengr 6 7,257 12-10-2020, 05:26 PM
Last Post: poVoq
  SoPine eMMC compatibility Terra854 4 8,090 02-20-2020, 07:52 PM
Last Post: mcrognale
  LTS can't see eMMC devices 1291 4 6,598 02-20-2020, 07:43 PM
Last Post: mcrognale
  EMMC cards in Pine64 store stephen fleming 16 42,552 12-26-2017, 12:19 PM
Last Post: tllim