Any news about 11" version?
Waiting for one to order since I found the project. Don't want 14" version, need something smaller. Any news about when it's available?
Same here. Would be interested in 11" version.
me too!
We plan to resume 11" Pinebook production on March 2018 timeframe if the BOM (Bill Of Material) back to reasonable level.  However, recent weak US dollar may complicate this situation.
(01-29-2018, 11:27 PM)tllim Wrote: We plan to resume 11" Pinebook production on March 2018 timeframe if the BOM (Bill Of Material) back to reasonable level.  However, recent weak US dollar may complicate this situation.

Any option to downgrade the eMMC to 16GB or ram to 1GB. Would that help ?
(01-29-2018, 11:27 PM)tllim Wrote: We plan to resume 11" Pinebook production on March 2018 timeframe if the BOM (Bill Of Material) back to reasonable level.  However, recent weak US dollar may complicate this situation.
Has anyone ever seen Pinebooks show up second hand? I've been searching eBay and Craigslist now and then, but I've never seen one..

hojnikb Wrote:Any option to downgrade the eMMC to 16GB or ram to 1GB. Would that help?
That might not be a great idea, I think Pine would lose a lot of sales. I'm really curious about the Pinebook, but the specs are already so marginal that I question the sanity of buying one (that's just me though..) I would definitely not buy one if it had less storage and RAM than today. It's already so cheap, I'd be willing to pay more to have 4 GB of ram!
(02-27-2018, 06:02 PM)yangmusa Wrote:
Has anyone ever seen Pinebooks show up second hand? I've been searching eBay and Craigslist now and then, but I've never seen one..

hojnikb Wrote:Any option to downgrade the eMMC to 16GB or ram to 1GB. Would that help?
That might not be a great idea, I think Pine would lose a lot of sales. I'm really curious about the Pinebook, but the specs are already so marginal that I question the sanity of buying one (that's just me though..) I would definitely not buy one if it had less storage and RAM than today. It's already so cheap, I'd be willing to pay more to have 4 GB of ram!

Ram is very expensive right now and the whole purpose for this device is to be as cheap as possible. Cutting on ram/storage is the area, where most money could be saved. Although i'd agree that having just 1GB of ram makes it less than usable. Storage on the other side would do just fine with just 16GB. And last i checked, you can always install a sd card or a bigger eMMC module, if you so desire.

Having even more ram and storage would just make less sense, because it would raise the price to cheap atom books (which are much faster and usable) while not actually providing any usable benefit (A64 is still going to be slow with 2GB or 4GB of ram).
The maximum you can get out of the A64 SoC is 3GB usable with a 4GB DRAM because of the limitations of the memory mapping/DRAM controller... but I agree, 1GB would be silly :-)
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question The Shipping News jschall 7 8,104 11-10-2018, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Blutkoete
Lightbulb Any news about upgraded black Pinebook? joec33 1 3,630 03-08-2018, 03:19 PM
Last Post: dkryder
Information news about 11.6" pinebook availability? gritibaenz 13 13,859 11-15-2017, 01:36 AM
Last Post: tllim
  News: Pinebook faulty keyboard replacement Pagliacci 3 4,803 10-10-2017, 06:33 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777