Better root/unroot suggestion
It would be helpful to add a menu for easy root/unroot in Settings.

If user wants to unroot completely, it can remove /system/su; daemonsu files and SuperSU app then apps that detect root won't detect it anymore and will work.
Then when you root again, it can restore these files from a backup(zip file) so root can work again.

Will be much better than to use 2 different firmwares for root or an unrooted one.
the problem being of course that apps that need root will not work until you root once again. so, what to do? it's kinda obvious that apps that need root will not reside and function on an unrooted system and apps that will not function on a rooted system need an unrooted system. so if you want one system the need exists to de-activate the ability of an app to verify the root status of a system.
Lots of Android tv boxes and development boards have a root/unroot setting where you can easily remove root if not needed anymore or only used temporarily to change a file or to make certain streaming apps work.
But I don''t think it will be added since Android was last updated 4 months ago.
flashed Android 7.1.2 Stock Image [eMMC Boot] [Rooted] [20171204] on my RK3328 box but i have no root permission
how to enable it?
(02-23-2018, 09:58 AM)Blinky Wrote: Lots of Android tv boxes and development boards have a root/unroot setting where you can easily remove root if not needed anymore or only used temporarily to change a file or to make certain streaming apps work.
But I don''t think it will be added since Android was last updated 4 months ago.

There will be new Community (ayufan) builds.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to get root for Android 7.1.2 Stock Image [eMMC Boot] [Rooted] [20171204] el_gringo 1 3,227 03-02-2018, 04:50 AM
Last Post: el_gringo
  Root Possibility medc69 7 8,091 12-06-2017, 06:30 AM
Last Post: dkryder