Building a PineTab?
Question 
Hi, i'm Wolfgang from germany.

Has anybody already thought about building a tablet based on the hardware of the Pinebook?

It would be great to have a large size touch display (14 inch). As operating system i think of KDE plasma mobile with concept x, to have a desktop if there will be a keyboard connected. To get a low profile casing, the hdmi und usb port could possibly be changed to micro hdmi (type D) and micro usb (type B). The battery should be placed beside the mainboard ...

It would be nice, if the RAM memory could be increased to 4GB. And it would be perfect to integrate a LTE module.

What do you think about that?

I'm curious!
Hi

The one thing I am a little perplexed about is - why a Pinebook ? why not use the Pine A64/ LTS (or Rock64)? Perhaps I do not quite understand your intentions for using a Pinebook instead of a board Smile
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(12-22-2017, 05:50 PM)Luke Wrote: Hi

The one thing I am a little perplexed about is - why a Pinebook ? why not use the Pine A64/ LTS (or Rock64)? Perhaps I do not quite understand your intentions for using a Pinebook instead of a board Smile

As far as I can see, the motherboard of the Pinebook already has a slim design and battery support. There are no high components such as an RJ45 connector or superimposed USB ports that need to be changed or replaced. So you do not have to reinvent the wheel. ;-)
Please attend FOSDEM 2018 PINE64 table, there may be something (if manage to complete on end of January) that will fulfill this thread request.
I live in the USA and am interested in this too, but it isn't pactical for me to go to FOSDEM. I will wait for the news to show up here.
I'll post pictures from FOSDEM when we're there in the news section
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I just read the FOSDEM announcement blog post and I'm interested in a Pintab. The Pinebook Pro is interesting but not nearly as much as the tablet. I will be even more interested if you are talking with Purism about a PureOS for it ...

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk