Remix OS DD image
Here is a DD image for Remix OS for now.

1. You will need to have a MicroSD card at least 8GB 
2. If you have a larger MicroSD you will need to extend Partition 1 to the rest of your drive size.

If you have any questions let me know. You should be fine to use Win32.
Please let me know if this image fixes the restarting issue I know a lot of you are having. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwrRh3...UN2VndCVTQ
"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

-Albert Einstein

-Anderal (Michael Eddy Larson)
I tried to load it into the PhoenixCard program and I get "Script NOT found! Please use new version image!" That is verbatim. Will this image burn using my normal Linux methods? Hopefully images move away from requiring us to use this cheapo feeling program so I do not have to boot into Win7 to flash a Linux based OS.
(04-02-2016, 09:35 AM)sel303 Wrote: I tried to load it into the PhoenixCard program and I get "Script NOT found! Please use new version image!" That is verbatim. Will this image burn using my normal Linux methods? Hopefully images move away from requiring us to use this cheapo feeling program so I do not have to boot into Win7 to flash a Linux based OS.

This Image is so you do not have to use PhoenixCard. Try just downloading Win32 Disk Image and using that to install my image. 

Yes you can use just regular Linux burning method. I actually made this image on Ubuntu with Disky Utilities. You can restore it with the same method or you can use terminal.

I had a lot of people who had issues when using PhoenixCard so I made this image so they wouldnt have to use the program if they didnt want to.

-Albert Einstein

Thanks for putting the image together. I used Win32DiskImager to write it to the SD card.

My experience -
  • I get a PINE 64 splash screen lasting a few seconds
  • This is followed by a black screen with "Remix OS", the "Remix OS" logo flashes white to gray for several minutes
  • I then get a further screen which says "Remix" which has an "Upgrading..." progress bar below which steadily moves over a minute or 2.
  • One of 2 things would happen after this, either the system would reboot or I would get to a desktop background but even when getting to the background I'd have stability issues.
After disconnecting the LAN cable, I'm able to succesfully boot and the seem to have stability. Plugging the LAN cable back in resulted in an immediate reboot.

I'm using the following:
  • 2gb PINE64
  • A USB cable from a Samsung Note 5, powered via a laptop USB port.
  • 8gb Sandisk SD card (sorry not sure which class)

(04-02-2016, 12:19 PM)aund Wrote: Thanks for putting the image together. I used Win32DiskImager to write it to the SD card.

My experience -
  • This is followed by a black screen with "Remix OS", the "Remix OS" logo flashes white to gray for several minutes
  • I then get a further screen which says "Remix" which has an "Upgrading..." progress bar below which steadily moves over a minute or 2.
  • One of 2 things would happen after this, either the system would reboot or I would get to a desktop background but even when getting to the background I'd have stability issues.
After disconnecting the LAN cable, I'm able to succesfully boot and the seem to have stability. Plugging the LAN cable back in resulted in an immediate reboot.

I'm using the following:
  • 2gb PINE64

This is great to hear! I know the Pine64 team is working heavy with Remix OS on a fix for the 2GB board and would say until they have that hang tight. Do you have the wifi adapter?

If so I would love to know if it works just fine and if you are able to have network in some way or another.

(04-02-2016, 12:19 PM)aund Wrote: Thanks for putting the image together. I used Win32DiskImager to write it to the SD card.

My experience -

I'm using the following:
  • 2gb PINE64

If I could get you to do Something Aund. Will you boot the board up and disable the Ethernet and tell me if you can than plug in the network cable without a reboot issue?

I am just trying to minimize where the issue is coming from and if we know it has to do with the network and ethernet port its possible its just a driver issue for the 2GB board or it could be something with it getting an IP and gateway etc...

-Albert Einstein

(04-02-2016, 12:30 PM)ML-Anderal Wrote:

My experience -

I'm using the following:
  • 2gb PINE64

This is great to hear! I know the Pine64 team is working heavy with Remix OS on a fix for the 2GB board and would say until they have that hang tight. Do you have the wifi adapter?

If so I would love to know if it works just fine and if you are able to have network in some way or another.

My experience -

I'm using the following:
  • 2gb PINE64

If I could get you to do Something Aund. Will you boot the board up and disable the Ethernet and tell me if you can than plug in the network cable without a reboot issue?

I am just trying to minimize where the issue is coming from and if we know it has to do with the network and ethernet port its possible its just a driver issue for the 2GB board or it could be something with it getting an IP and gateway etc...

Ethernet switched off in the settings menu, after plugging the cable back in, screen froze followed by a reboot about 10 seconds later. However after the reboot with the cable still plugged in, it's taken me back to the desktop which seemed to be stable. I went into the ethernet settings and these were still set to off. About 10 seconds after switching back on though and we have another reboot.

I may have imagined this but I think I have previously used a USB Startech ethernet adapter succesfully on another android device, in anycase plugging this in does nothing, presumably the image in use is looking specifically for the onboard ethernet.

I've only just started tinkering today so wasn't aware of the 2gb board issues until I started looking through the forum. My thanks to everyone who's working on this Smile

Also just to add - another strange symptom seems specifically following a reboot caused by the ethernet issue I aways go back to the upgrading screen. This doesn't seem to happen with a normal reboot carried out from Remix OS.
(04-02-2016, 01:41 PM)aund Wrote:
(04-02-2016, 12:30 PM)ML-Anderal Wrote:

My experience -

I'm using the following:
  • 2gb PINE64

My experience -

I'm using the following:
  • 2gb PINE64

Ethernet switched off in the settings menu, after plugging the cable back in, screen froze followed by a reboot about 10 seconds later. However after the reboot with the cable still plugged in, it's taken me back to the desktop which seemed to be stable. I went into the ethernet settings and these were still set to off. About 10 seconds after switching back on though and we have another reboot.

I may have imagined this but I think I have previously used a USB Startech ethernet adapter succesfully on another android device, in anycase plugging this in does nothing, presumably the image in use is looking specifically for the onboard ethernet.

I've only just started tinkering today so wasn't aware of the 2gb board issues until I started looking through the forum. My thanks to everyone who's working on this Smile

Also just to add - another strange symptom seems specifically following a reboot caused by the ethernet issue I aways go back to the upgrading screen. This doesn't seem to happen with a normal reboot carried out from Remix OS.
This is all great to hear ya if you have the USB to ethernet adapter try that. It could be something to do with the gigbit ethernet since it is only an issue with the 2GB board. It definitally has something directly to do with that port I think though but by testing a USB to ethernet you will know for sure. (where it works with the 1GB board which is just 10/100 I am going with its a gigbit issue.) 
If you find anything else out post it here and I will email Pine64 to take a look at this thread when they have a minute and maybe it will help and maybe they already know what is causing it.

-Albert Einstein

Having the same issues with my 2gb board. I am using the original Remix OS burned with Phoenixcard. Ethernet connection causes a reboot loop but the system is stable when the ethernet cable is disconnected. The android OS also loads fine but the ethernet connection does not work. I think you may be right that this is an issue with the gigabit connection. Unfortunately I dont have a wifi adapter to try and connect that way.
I have the same issue with the 2GB board. Unfortunately I'm kind of dead in the water because it doesn't detect my wifi adapter either (EdiMax)
(04-02-2016, 02:57 PM)ice4790 Wrote: I have the same issue with the 2GB board. Unfortunately I'm kind of dead in the water because it doesn't detect my wifi adapter either (EdiMax)

Edi try something for me. If you can load android on it and just try the wifi let me know if that works with the 2GB board because than we know the drivers from that are different and since Remix OS is just a glorified version of android it may give us a heads up if we can just port those drivers over and fix this issue.

-Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sourround sound - Remix MrSarkasmus 0 2,789 10-05-2018, 05:05 AM
Last Post: MrSarkasmus
Star Remix OS 2.0 Image Release 20160718 tllim 25 43,686 08-30-2018, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Idemdesign
  Remix os os 64bits ?? Matroxplay 1 4,202 07-14-2018, 11:48 AM
Last Post: tllim
  Remix OS NMancuso 111 161,856 08-01-2017, 03:51 AM
Last Post: wappi
Question Nginx proxy on Remix OS -- possible? mitchmitchell 1 4,662 05-29-2017, 02:45 AM
Question Remix OS 2.0 [20170105] Waaaa??? veronicasmithen03 1 4,612 05-29-2017, 02:42 AM
  REMix OS Boots and then blank Screen Michaelrowe01 6 19,211 04-17-2017, 04:20 AM
Last Post: simplexdan
  Stuck at Remix OS logo leongzhi 9 24,353 12-21-2016, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Michaelrowe01
Exclamation LCD TOUCH SCREEN PANEL support in Remix? mcfly777 4 8,794 12-19-2016, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Toriless
  Guest Account in Remix OS cannot Get Internet Connection deniyulianti 1 4,229 10-15-2016, 07:16 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777