Libcec / cec-client
Hi, i'm looking to replace my rPi that is home server with plex, transmission, flexget and samba. #
It does get sdcard corruption almost anytime I update plex server.
I have another one running plex client and cec-client script that is solving super annoying first world problem - when when I turn off ps4 it does not turn off TV, and even worse, when I would turn TV on, it would wake up PS4 again instead of going to some homescreen of input selection, oh, the horror, right?

So my idea is to get rid of both rPis and get one rock64 and SSD instead of 3.5 HDD, that i use currently, as I no longer hoard movies, to get rid of the noise and had it all in one.

Rock64 is one device I found that, at least on HW side checks almost all the boxes - low power, can be powered from USB, does have 4k hdmi, does have usb3, does have gigabit ethernet, does have EMMC. Really only hw box it does not check is to have all the ports on one side.
Another option would be odroid xu4, but it is more power hungry and i don't really see any advantage to chose it.

My questions:
[*]will rasplex/openelec run on rock64 - i'm looking into kodi plex client now, so that might be a way
[*]Would kodi UI run in 4k?
[*]does cec-client work on rock64 - this is really my main concern
[*]I have aukey/crdc power source I use right now, it maxs out at 5V/3A on single port, but I could probably hack something up to connect to two ports at once - will 3A be enough to power sata 2.5 SSD connected to usb3 port?
[*]Do i need emmc to USB thing or can i flash EMMC directly from PC when it is connected on rock64 board?
So does CEC client work?
(11-17-2017, 08:06 PM)evlo Wrote: So does CEC client work?

In LibreELEC yes!