where is static IP addr?
Thx, MarkHaysHarris777 - Touch-down! Smile
The input I was looking for is found in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/eth0
All entries I did on that NM IPv4 tab are there.
Just for info only - if anyone else is looking for this Wink
(10-06-2017, 11:47 PM)skipper Wrote: Thx, MarkHaysHarris777 - Touch-down! Smile
The input I was looking for is found in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/eth0

I think ronant was trying to tell you that you have an old image, never looked at the link.
But the mac address shouldn't change and was fixed.

You shouldn't have to specify an IP because of a changing mac, but yeah you can set up a static address there.

Out of curiosity for those with fixes what is your mac address?
(10-07-2017, 05:04 AM)stuartiannaylor Wrote:

I think ronant was trying to tell you that you have an old image, never looked at the link.

You shouldn't have to specify an IP because of a changing mac, but yeah you can set up a static address there.

ahh yes - just went back on ayufan's github releases and saw that I indeed have installed an old image - will go ahead and install the newest https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-b...m64.img.xz - and maybe try the stretch-minimal as well - as I have another thread post with some issues there. Might be OK with an updated stretch image.

PS: I need a fixed public IP due to test running of a dB (sitting on the rock64 @ a SSD from the USB3 port) with external heavy I/O. This project is the whole purpose of me purchasing the rock64, as it is the only SDB with 4 core, 4 GB RAM and USB3. The only feature missing is a native SATA (not this USB bridge stuff) to achieve better R/W performance.
(10-07-2017, 07:32 AM)skipper Wrote:
(10-07-2017, 05:04 AM)stuartiannaylor Wrote:

ahh yes - just went back on ayufan's github releases and saw that I indeed have installed an old image - will go ahead and install the newest https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-b...m64.img.xz - and maybe try the stretch-minimal as well - as I have another thread post with some issues there. Might be OK with an updated stretch image.

PS: I need a fixed public IP due to test running of a dB (sitting on the rock64 @ a SSD from the USB3 port) with external heavy I/O. This project is the whole purpose of me purchasing the rock64, as it is the only SDB with 4 core, 4 GB RAM and USB3. The only feature missing is a native SATA (not this USB bridge stuff) to achieve better R/W performance.

A single disk isn't so bad but to be honest it works in burst transfers and my opinion is that for multiple file access they are a bit stinky.
Surprised slightly that you are just slapping it out public rather than maybe a vpn but guess its what you connect with.
Also usually on the router you can assign a DMZ of one of your public IPs but that changing mac would of put the mockers on that one.

If its just a database run a minimal install I usually install web min but access is locked to a vpn and local host.

Post your findings with the database but presume we are not talking many clients.
Please see my own post here:
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...4#pid32834

Issue resolved Smile
(my intranet switches were partly responsible for my IP issue)
Surprised slightly that you are just slapping it out public 

Why not?  Once you strip out the crap and only run the services you "need", how is this box much different than the kind of boxes you would have been blissfully happy to run as the core of an ISP back in 1995 or even in 2002?  The only part of the stack that's the "same" from then is cyrus and postgresql.   I'm not sure on a wattage basis but running the ROCK64 may be electrically cheaper than a virtual machine.

My short term answer to this NetworkManager question was to just disable it and modify the /etc/network/interfaces.d/eth0 file.  Sliightly longer-term:  running saltstack so I don't have to worry so much about the latest revision/replacement pain being less.   My longer-term solution will be running BSD on the machine with AN end-point being netboot and scsi over ethernet to bypass USB i/o issues.   

(Just got in scrap some of the old Aldepha core machines from back when they were a thing - gutting to place rock64's in the 1U shells so they can go back into Spectrum's co-lo locations and not be 1 core 32 bit Xeon or dual core Pentium ///'s.   Running HardenedBSD, BRO and some kind of spam-trap code seems like a fine idea and its not like someone can jump out of the virtual machine via, say, the floppy interface.  Or do a rowhammer attack.)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question stretch-minimal with static IP and GUI RDC skipper 1 2,599 11-24-2017, 03:45 PM
Last Post: dontpostalot