Ubuntu Desktop Environment image
How will I burn the ubuntu image onto my micro sd card? With Phoenix Card software, can I anyone explain please? 

Thanks.
(04-18-2016, 04:53 AM)hayrikaya Wrote: How will I burn the ubuntu image onto my micro sd card? With Phoenix Card software, can I anyone explain please? 

Thanks.

PhoenixCard software is for Android and Remix OS. For Linux images, use Win32DiskImager
Donate BTC: 3Eav9uqXi8Nx1axb7QjK6xV4km4K9YGv9a
(04-18-2016, 04:53 AM)hayrikaya Wrote: How will I burn the ubuntu image onto my micro sd card? With Phoenix Card software, can I anyone explain please? 

Check your card first (as outlined here) and then use either Win32DiskImager or Rufus to burn the image. But check the card first.
Hi,
Unable to install keyboard layout (hungarian). I already switched the language to hungarian (success) but the keyboard layout list (add new layout) is still grayed.

The blue marked dropdowns are empty.
The red marked button disabled (add new layout)

http://s31.postimg.org/wt64u8hcr/Screen_..._42_32.png
(04-19-2016, 10:48 PM)torokze Wrote: Hi,
Unable to install keyboard layout (hungarian). I already switched the language to hungarian (success) but the keyboard layout list (add new layout) is still grayed.

The blue marked dropdowns are empty.
The red marked button disabled (add new layout)

http://s31.postimg.org/wt64u8hcr/Screen_..._42_32.png
I will do what I can to see if I can add this on next image. I should probably add all major languages as well to this list.
"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

-Albert Einstein

-Anderal (Michael Eddy Larson)
Hi ML-Anderal,

Been using your image for sometime now, excellent work, could I please make a suggestion for you to consider?

Can you please make the boot partition larger? The apt-get upgrade uses the boot partition when installing the new Image and initrd.img, also when I recompile the Kernel I like to keep an old copy of the initrd.img, Image and any dtb files, in case something goes wrong.

I know that every MB added to boot is an MB less on the rootfs, and this could well be important for small SD cards, but we are talking MB's here and not GB's.

Your thoughts please.
(04-20-2016, 11:28 PM)frewind Wrote: Hi ML-Anderal,

Been using your image for sometime now, excellent work, could I please make a suggestion for you to consider?

Can you please make the boot partition larger? The apt-get upgrade uses the boot partition when installing the new Image and initrd.img, also when I recompile the Kernel I like to keep an old copy of the initrd.img, Image and any dtb files, in case something goes wrong.

I know that every MB added to boot is an MB less on the rootfs, and this could well be important for small SD cards, but we are talking MB's here and not GB's.

Your thoughts please.

This seems very possible. This shouldn't be hard to add either let me see what size would be best for it.

-Albert Einstein

(03-31-2016, 11:05 PM)ML-Anderal Wrote: Here is a Google Drive image anyone can download for Ubuntu with desktop environment.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwrRh39nVNPsZE1TTjZ2R0ZhZ0U

Software installed:

Ubuntu Software portal
LibreOffice Suite
Gimp
Midori web browser
Geary email
VLC

Plank
and several others.

You can flash this in linux using all the regular methods or you can use Win32 Disk Image software or something simular.

Gparted is installed and allows you to re-size the rootfs partition to the rest of your drive if it is bigger than an 8GB drive. (I will have video on doing this and renaming and changing password for the Admin User.

I have 2 users already on the image

First user has plank installed and looks simular to a Mac or Elementary OS style look. 

Second user is more of a windows base look for desktop. Chose which ever suites you and delete the other.

User Name: Ubuntu
Password: ubuntu

User Name: Ubuntu2
Password: ubuntu2

(edit Updated version coming soon.... Here is some of the things I have fixed and are now working more acceptable. )

https://youtu.be/Bgy8h8ED2VI 
   HI Anderal,

Firstly thank you for the image, but due to some reason I am not able to run gparted with on the user ubuntu ,  it gives me an error  regarding protocol not defined, looked at the forums and found that it was a problem with the UI and so installed GKSUDO , still the same error. has anyone else seen that problem.
(04-24-2016, 05:35 PM)ind01 Wrote:
(03-31-2016, 11:05 PM)ML-Anderal Wrote: Here is a Google Drive image anyone can download for Ubuntu with desktop environment.

Software installed:

Ubuntu Software portal
LibreOffice Suite
Gimp
Midori web browser
Geary email
VLC

Plank
and several others.

You can flash this in linux using all the regular methods or you can use Win32 Disk Image software or something simular.

Gparted is installed and allows you to re-size the rootfs partition to the rest of your drive if it is bigger than an 8GB drive. (I will have video on doing this and renaming and changing password for the Admin User.

First user has plank installed and looks simular to a Mac or Elementary OS style look. 

Second user is more of a windows base look for desktop. Chose which ever suites you and delete the other.

(edit Updated version coming soon.... Here is some of the things I have fixed and are now working more acceptable. )

HI Anderal,

Firstly thank you for the image, but due to some reason I am not able to run gparted with on the user ubuntu ,  it gives me an error  regarding protocol not defined, looked at the forums and found that it was a problem with the UI and so installed GKSUDO , still the same error. has anyone else seen that problem.

This is actually I believe fixed in my newest image that I am working with now. I just have not yet released it. I still have a few more things to fix and add and than I compress it and upload it. Not just to google drive I will be either adding a torrent download or another service for people as well.

Should be out late this week Friday at latest.

-Albert Einstein

Software installed:

Ubuntu Software portal
LibreOffice Suite
Gimp
Midori web browser
Geary email
VLC

Plank
and several others.

Thank you for putting this together, none of the other programs worked, meaning I could not get them to even burn to a card.

I downloaded New Ubuntu ML-Anderal 4-20-16 and used win32 to install on 32GB SD card.
It went perfectly.
I had to use ubuntu for a password as ubuntu2 did not work. What is the difference in the two.

One more question, how do I change the time setting's to New York ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ubuntu server 20.04 request phi0x 2 5,283 12-30-2020, 08:02 PM
Last Post: phi0x
  Xenial Minimal Image (PINE A64(+)) 0.6.2-77 pineadmin 4 21,475 08-30-2020, 10:35 AM
Last Post: jrronimo
  Install Telegram Desktop in KDE Neon podcastlinux 2 6,155 01-26-2020, 01:43 AM
Last Post: giga
  Kickstarter P64 with LCD, working image? MostHated 1 4,423 01-04-2020, 10:32 AM
Last Post: igorp
  Allwinner A64 RTC bug fix on bionic image? tkaivola 1 4,770 02-01-2019, 05:09 AM
Last Post: tllim
  SPI on ubuntu IlyaM 4 9,083 07-16-2018, 03:00 AM
Last Post: kingflab
  Ubuntu password not working joemassimino 4 8,508 05-18-2018, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Luke
  How can I get a wireless dongle working on Xenial Desktop latest build Rocklobster 1 3,946 04-16-2018, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Rocklobster
  After flashing Ubuntu- how to get graphical desktop Partymack711 6 10,824 02-01-2018, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Partymack711
  (ARCHIVED) Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) longsleep 337 633,651 01-31-2018, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Luke