The 6 most common reasons why Pine64 won't boot
(12-03-2016, 06:21 PM)pfeerick Wrote: I would suggest that you do re-image your microSD card. Your best option for using the LCD with the pine64 at this time is an Android image. Give the ayufan's Android 6 image a go... and use Etcher to write it ... it will minimise your chances of having issues with image file corruption. There is a good chance your SD card has a image on it that only outputs to a HDMI monitor (if in fact there is anything on the image at all).

Thanks for the suggestion. I did as suggested and now my board boots on HDMI. I am switching to an LCD version so that I can boot via my display. The previous image that came with my boards was apparently not good. I used the same card and it now works well.

thanks
(04-14-2016, 10:26 AM)yourhighpriestess Wrote: Just got my board and all I have is a red light when I plug it in. Nothing else. Had a bitch of a time trying to get Phoenix Card to NOT error out. I have a USB cord from my tablet. Do I need a better one? I have tried this every way I can think of and this is not booting.

Same here, where you able to solve this issue? Your solution could possibly help me and others who just see a red light turn on, but nothing more, there's no signal output being displayed nor anything to get an idea on what to do next.

Disappointed that my new Pine64 isn't really getting me anywhere.
Did you try following http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Main_Pa...et_Started and the following steps. You need a valid image on a sdcard to see anything, HDMI output supports standard HDMI modes like 480p, 720p and 1080p...
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
I'm pretty much at my wits end.. I can not get my pine to boot. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the way I'm burning my SD card, but I can't figure out what that something is. I've tried two different pine boards, and I did get it to boot once, but only to HDMI. My goal is the LCD (and  I have an extra of those as well). my power supply is the Pine supplied ac adapter. 

Ok. so I've tried dd and apple pi baker to both the SD card slot and USB slots on my mac, and also tried the Windows program. No joy. I've pulled off all the accessories from the pine (keyboard dongle, wi-fi) no joy. Since I'm not 100% certain my LCD panel is good, I'd like to be able to boot using the HDMI output first, and once I know its working, then mess with the LCD. My SD cards are all valid - name brands from reliable sellers. Anyone in Orlando area, or willing to mail me a working SD card?
(03-20-2017, 07:05 PM)mitelheem Wrote: I'm pretty much at my wits end.. I can not get my pine to boot. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the way I'm burning my SD card, but I can't figure out what that something is. I've tried two different pine boards, and I did get it to boot once, but only to HDMI. My goal is the LCD (and  I have an extra of those as well). my power supply is the Pine supplied ac adapter. 

Ok. so I've tried dd and apple pi baker to both the SD card slot and USB slots on my mac, and also tried the Windows program. No joy. I've pulled off all the accessories from the pine (keyboard dongle, wi-fi) no joy. Since I'm not 100% certain my LCD panel is good, I'd like to be able to boot using the HDMI output first, and once I know its working, then mess with the LCD. My SD cards are all valid - name brands from reliable sellers. Anyone in Orlando area, or willing to mail me a working SD card?

mitelheem, seems like you've tried a few things already. Which img are you burning? - I presume Android with LCD support ? If you wan't to use Linux with the LCD you should first read this thread. Also, if you want to use Android 6 or 7 with the LCD make sure to read ayufan's instructions (see first thread of respective android version threads; e.g. android 6). 
Are you getting activity on the ethernet port (did you read the short troubleshooting section in the wiki?) 
Try joining in the IRC - these sort of things are easier to troubleshoot 'live'
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(03-21-2017, 09:32 AM)Luke Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 07:05 PM)mitelheem Wrote: I'm pretty much at my wits end.. I can not get my pine to boot. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the way I'm burning my SD card, but I can't figure out what that something is. I've tried two different pine boards, and I did get it to boot once, but only to HDMI. My goal is the LCD (and  I have an extra of those as well). my power supply is the Pine supplied ac adapter. 

mitelheem, seems like you've tried a few things already. Which img are you burning? - I presume Android with LCD support ? If you wan't to use Linux with the LCD you should first read this thread. Also, if you want to use Android 6 or 7 with the LCD make sure to read ayufan's instructions (see first thread of respective android version threads; e.g. android 6). 
Are you getting activity on the ethernet port (did you read the short troubleshooting section in the wiki?) 
Try joining in the IRC - these sort of things are easier to troubleshoot 'live'

Hi Luke, 

Thanks for the advice. It's working now.. not sure what I did (or didn't) but both boards are working. I was using ayufan's instructions, and the Etcher software to burn it. I did find that one of my LCD panels is defective (a blue line running top to bottom about 1/3 way across) so I'll see if I can return that to Pine. I think my biggest problem was patience - I was expecting a more instant boot, and it seems that the pine likes to take its time. Now I just need to figure out how to get the touchscreen working, and then power it from 12v on my boat!!
Glad to hear it worked out for you. Regarding the broken LCD, please fill in a support ticket.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

My issue is that the board does boot up it will just go to the splash screen pine64 .. nothing else happens.
(09-06-2017, 08:35 PM)vatican Wrote: My issue is that the board does boot up it will just go to the splash screen pine64 .. nothing else happens.

Either under power supply or broken microSD card image can cause such issue,
Yes, I think its solve in a short time thank to discuss and show this 6 reasons

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boot Ox64 after SPI Flash IC replacement kotnitro 1 1,025 05-26-2023, 02:19 AM
Last Post: kotnitro
  Star64 first boot (and success) bortzmeyer 1 1,455 05-24-2023, 02:45 AM
Last Post: draintroup
Exclamation Quartz64 model a wont boot AndyNZAUS 0 1,461 09-13-2022, 06:35 AM
Last Post: AndyNZAUS
  Maximum size of boot MicroSD for RockPro64 and Pinebook Pro commiecam 0 1,618 08-07-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: commiecam
  Wi-Fi/Bluetooth for PINE64, Model: Sopine A64 lamson 0 1,694 08-24-2021, 08:17 AM
Last Post: lamson
  AC Adapter Which One? Pine64 A64 DB V1.1 2GB REV B (Year 2016) databaseprogrammer 2 3,326 06-17-2021, 05:35 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
  How to boot from SD card on pinebook pro linux123 3 5,927 12-02-2020, 10:29 AM
Last Post: linux123
Lightbulb Live boot with persistence? r00tn3rd 1 3,162 10-23-2020, 01:30 AM
Last Post: HotChocolate
  Occasional boot toiny 0 2,091 10-18-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: toiny
  SD Card boot - trying out OS Baconomics 1 4,273 06-19-2020, 06:58 AM
Last Post: tophneal