Case
Anyone designing a 3D printable case for the Pine yet ?
It's in the cases and enclosures section: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=468
If I've helped you with something, please leave a rating for my responses.
(03-30-2016, 08:08 AM)montyflange Wrote: Anyone designing a 3D printable case for the Pine yet ?

I'm working on a printable casing, but waiting for the board so I can place the cutouts right. (Since nobody want to share the placement and dimmensions of the cutouts).
Just search for "mario" and you'll find it Wink (or click my signature)
If you've got a lot of filament, you could 3D print the simple case someone else made, then measure the 3D printed holes/standoffs if you really want to get measurements quick. I might be printing the case myself pretty soon here, so i might be able to give the hole spacing for you.

Do you just need the four mounting hole locations?
I could possibly use some of the shared stl files from this forum and import them to autoCAD to get the dimensions, but havent got the time for it yet. As for what dimensions I need its the whole thing. Placement and dimmensions of the cutout for USB, HDMI, power (microUSB), 3.5mm jack, ethernet, power button, resetbutton and ir diode.
(03-30-2016, 03:34 PM)Tarjei85 Wrote: I could possibly use some of the shared stl files from this forum and import them to autoCAD to get the dimensions, but havent got the time for it yet. As for what dimensions I need its the whole thing. Placement and dimmensions of the cutout for USB, HDMI, power (microUSB), 3.5mm jack, ethernet, power button, resetbutton and ir diode.

I didn't think of that, i'll be trying to import the STL and convert it to AutoCAD to get the dimensions. I could probably get the solid model made if it imports and converts to a workable form.

Working on it now Smile
(03-30-2016, 03:37 PM)pine.tree Wrote:
(03-30-2016, 03:34 PM)Tarjei85 Wrote: I could possibly use some of the shared stl files from this forum and import them to autoCAD to get the dimensions, but havent got the time for it yet. As for what dimensions I need its the whole thing. Placement and dimmensions of the cutout for USB, HDMI, power (microUSB), 3.5mm jack, ethernet, power button, resetbutton and ir diode.

I didn't think of that, i'll be trying to import the STL and convert it to AutoCAD to get the dimensions. I could probably get the solid model made if it imports and converts to a workable form.

Working on it now Smile

Thank you so much for the help. Smile Its guys like you that make the days go round. Not easy combining three small kids, 100% job and all my hobbies at once.
Again. Thank you Smile
Why not take the measurements on the Pine ?
We don't have our Pine's yet... 

I wasn't able to make a solid part out of the .stl file, I would ask the creator to give the base editable format before he changed it to STL. Turns out I either needed 3DS Max or an Autodesk subscription to convert the STL to the editable format- I can't afford either!

Sorry Sad
http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?t...57#pid3457. Look my post, is a little STL with ca. Mass