Switch found in the box
(04-20-2016, 08:55 AM)pine.tree Wrote: It can be used as a power switch, or as a reset switch. You can put the switch into the four-hole pattern found below the USB ports in this image: http://wiki.pine64.org/images/7/7d/Pine6...nector.png

You don't have to solder the switch onto the board, you can just bend the switch connectors inside the holes. Soldering would guarantee a good connection though.

Any chance you could provide a picture or more details on how to attach the power switch? It's something I wouldn't want to get wrong.
If you attach it to either, does this send any graceful shutdown/restart interrupt to the OS? Or is this a "hard reset" / "hard power off"?

And if anyone has any pictures of a completed solder or bending install, that would be welcomed as well.
Using the switch does a graceful power off/reset through the OS.

I would do an install video for bending method and the soldering method, but I don't have switches for the Pine handy.
If I've helped you with something, please leave a rating for my responses.
(04-20-2016, 08:55 AM)pine.tree Wrote: It can be used as a power switch, or as a reset switch. You can put the switch into the four-hole pattern found below the USB ports in this image: http://wiki.pine64.org/images/7/7d/Pine6...nector.png

You don't have to solder the switch onto the board, you can just bend the switch connectors inside the holes. Soldering would guarantee a good connection though.

I did not receive the button although I did have a note inside my envelope speaking of the button. Is there a way I can still get it?
For the official button, I don't think you can get one. For third party switches, I'm not sure the exact specs for one that works, I don't want to lead you astray.

I'll be looking for the specs around the forum here, I seem to have seen it somewhere Smile
If I've helped you with something, please leave a rating for my responses.
(04-25-2016, 06:03 PM)natastic Wrote:

I did not receive the button although I did have a note inside my envelope speaking of the button. Is there a way I can still get it?

Mine was in the transport bag and I missed it at first. Then I read in the forum about it and luckily still found the bag in the trash with the button inside. If you don't have the bag anymore I guess you will be out of luck. Then again you can just buy a random through-hole push button for a few cents on ebay. I already soldered one from some Arduino package on the Pine when I found the button.
I ordered this item Tactile button from sky-macau.com a couple of weeks ago and got them yesterday. A bag of 5 tactile switches for USD 0,60.
They fit the holes on the Pine board and the buttons have the same diameter, but are slightly longer than the supplied button in the box.

I can safely recommend these for those who want more buttons.

As I misinterpreted the actual page; I ordered  I ordered 5 and got 25 buttons. Note to self: Don't order things on the internet when you're half asleep, but yay for more parts to play with.
I seem to have lost mine but I do have some small momentary switches, so I could maybe use one of them instead. Only thing is they are 2 prong not 4, so I'm not sure how to wire them up correctly (don't want to damage the board). Hopefully the Wiki will have something.
Can someone post a pic of these installed soldered or bent? I just want to make sure I don't do any bad damage.
(05-05-2016, 02:14 PM)utdrmac Wrote: Can someone post a pic of these installed soldered or bent? I just want to make sure I don't do any bad damage.

There's a picture in this thread, #27
I'll post a picture of mine as well latter, mine is soldered

Pine 64 2GB - Remix OS  - HP wireless keyboard = Working - PS3 controller with USB = Working

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power Switch for Pine64 512MB Board MonarchOfLight 0 2,501 10-24-2016, 04:33 PM
Last Post: MonarchOfLight
  Script Not Found error using PhoenixCard Ghost 4 20,691 07-16-2016, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Ghost