Question about Touchpanel
(02-10-2016, 09:56 AM)bilbo6209 Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 12:04 AM)tllim Wrote: The pricing info should be out in 2 weeks time. We plan on one smaller 4" or 5" touch screen for users that interest for machine control. For 9" type of screen, we will proceed if there is demand.

Hello,

Depending on pricing, resolution, and overall size I might be VERY interested in a 9" screen! I am currently building a car PC out of a RPi2 and would LOVE to take advantage of the extra power of the Pine instead. 

Currently I am looking at a 7" with a resolution of 1280x800 I would really like a 9" with similar or better resolution. I would prefer IPS and capacitive. 

Then the only other thing I would need is a add on DAC with SPDIF output ( I currently have a HiFiberry Digi+) and the Pine would be perfect!!

Bill

Noted. .. TL
If there's is going to be a 9" display I'm in!

Sent from my HUAWEI Y530 using Tapatalk
By. Zoidiano0!
Installed:
LAMP: Linux , Apache2.4 , Mariadb, phpMyadmin, PHP5 
Java 8 arm by oracle
Netbeans 8.1
chromium (uses way toooo much Ram)

Pine64 Head Unit Project.!
(02-10-2016, 10:31 PM)Zoidiano0 Wrote: If there's is going to be a 9" display I'm in!

I will meet up with LCD panel vendor on next week in Asia and will explore with them. The most tricky part is MOQ (minimum order quantity) request.
I think it could be a great idea to have more lcd options with greater resolutions
One of the downs of the raspberry pi was the lack of ldc displays avaliable for it

because most people liked to use it as a personal computer so
I think this could be a goal where the pine64 can win!

I'm personally planing a briefcase with a pine64 with a large display on it with some electronics lab instrumentation such as an oscilloscope ( labnation oscilloscope ) which is compatible with android and some other stuff based on electronic measurement tools and synced with the pine64 via UART and SPI
So a bigger screen is needed

Keep us informed please! I [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
By. Zoidiano0!
Installed:
Java 8 arm by oracle
Netbeans 8.1

I know that I would be willing to pay extra for a 9" screen if it was available. It would save me floundering out on the internet figuring out how to get all the adapters, connections, and drivers right.
Any updates about this.?

By. Zoidiano0!
Installed:
Java 8 arm by oracle
Netbeans 8.1

I am also interested in a 9" led touch panel for my car.
@tllin any news about a larger lcd?

By. Zoidiano0!
Installed:
Java 8 arm by oracle
Netbeans 8.1

(04-28-2016, 07:33 PM)Zoidiano0 Wrote: @tllin any news about a larger lcd?

Factory already make their proposal. However, we will need to deliver the 7" one first and gain some experience before work on larger version. Another factor that we need to consider is the MOQ (minimum quantity order) that factory impose.
I managed to get the Android img loaded and got Kodi on it. I'm having the 'normal' display issues with my TV and tried to attach my 7" touch screen but all I get is green noisy lines. The screen attaches via the HDMI port and the touch portion is via USB.

Is this the issue you are working to correct?

Rick

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Touchpanel information about heat and connection length MostHated 2 4,273 02-11-2016, 08:29 AM
Last Post: MostHated