Question about Touchpanel
(01-21-2016, 02:18 PM)genpix Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 01:16 PM)tllim Wrote: The touch screen is capacitive type.
Noted on your reason now. What type of LCD screen size?
7" is a most convenient size (this is what we currently use in our instruments).

Noted on the screen size. I will check with our manufacturer who also make tablet.
Any word on the pricing for the 7” yet? Just curious will it be plug and play or need some playing around with to get working like other boards and screens. Im in the market for a board for a carpc and the pine looks great but I have also been looking into the banana pi pro.
(01-22-2016, 09:15 AM)Fuzzy Wrote: Any word on the pricing for the 7” yet? Just curious will it be plug and play or need some playing around with to get working like other boards and screens. Im in the market for a board for a carpc and the pine looks great but I have also been looking into the banana pi pro.

It is plug and play with correct Android bulild
I'm interested in a 4" or 5" screen.

Do you think it will be possible to use one screen with a control interface (DSI) and one through HDMI to watch movies?
Or do I need two Pine's to realize such a thing?

I want to create something like this but with a touch panel.
[url=I'm interested in a 4" or 5" screen. Do you think it will be possible to use one screen with a control interface (DSI) and one through HDMI to watch movies? Or do I need two Pine's to realize such a thing? I want to create something like this but with a touch panel. http://www.audiophonics.fr/en/diy-dac/au...10384.html[/url]

[Image: audiophonics-raspdac-kit-diy-network-pla...-sabre.jpg]
I see a lot of 7" screens with a native resolution of 1024x600 or 1024x768. Would it be possible to get a screen with a native resolution of 1920x1080? I don't mind paying extra for a screen with a higher resolution.
You can get 5" HDMI displays where the touchscreen interface is a standard USB mouse.  The one I know of is: Waveshare 5" HDMI/USB monitor.  Even if you find another 5" HDMI monitor with a different name, the chances are it was made by waveshare.

I have the 5" HDMI waveshare display that is engineered to fit on top of a Raspberry Pi, that uses a small HDMI U-cable to attach the monitor, and the touch screen is done via SPI controls on the PI (Waveshare 5" HDMI/Pi connector monitor).  However, since I don't think the pine64 is laid out the same as the recent Pi's and using the Pi connector can make getting to the other GPIO pins harder, I would go with the first.

In terms of 2 monitors, I dunno.  I know it is somewhat painful on Raspberry Pi, where you don't have an integrated display covering both monitors, but you seem to have to run different programs, each of which targets one display.
Cool
(01-26-2016, 03:55 AM)shockr Wrote: I see a lot of 7" screens with a native resolution of 1024x600 or 1024x768. Would it be possible to get a screen with a native resolution of 1920x1080? I don't mind paying extra for a screen with a higher resolution.

The A64 SoC can support 1080p screen. However, the 1080p LCD panel in general much higher cost. Now China starts into Chinese New Year holiday, I only can explore on third week of February (two week after Chinese New Year).

(01-26-2016, 03:10 AM)Danton Wrote: I'm interested in a 4" or 5" screen.

Do you think it will be possible to use one screen with a control interface (DSI) and one through HDMI to watch movies?
Or do I need two Pine's to realize such a thing?

I want to create something like this but with a touch panel.
[url=I'm interested in a 4" or 5" screen.  Do you think it will be possible to use one screen with a control interface (DSI) and one through HDMI to watch movies? Or do I need two Pine's to realize such a thing?   I want to create something like this but with a touch panel. http://www.audiophonics.fr/en/diy-dac/au...10384.html[/url]

[Image: audiophonics-raspdac-kit-diy-network-pla...-sabre.jpg]

I think there is only one display buffer and cannot independently handle two screen independently. When I have time, probably next week, I can try to check out.
Does anyone know what is the brightness (luminance) specification of the 7" LCD touchscreen?
I looked at the data sheet, but was not able to find anything?
(01-27-2016, 02:11 PM)inzinjer Wrote: Does anyone know what is the brightness (luminance) specification of the 7" LCD touchscreen?
I looked at the data sheet, but was not able to find anything?

There is no brightness info available at data sheet.
(12-17-2015, 12:04 AM)tllim Wrote: The pricing info should be out in 2 weeks time. We plan on one smaller 4" or 5" touch screen for users that interest for machine control. For 9" type of screen, we will proceed if there is demand.

Hello,

Depending on pricing, resolution, and overall size I might be VERY interested in a 9" screen! I am currently building a car PC out of a RPi2 and would LOVE to take advantage of the extra power of the Pine instead. 

Currently I am looking at a 7" with a resolution of 1280x800 I would really like a 9" with similar or better resolution. I would prefer IPS and capacitive. 

Then the only other thing I would need is a add on DAC with SPDIF output ( I currently have a HiFiberry Digi+) and the Pine would be perfect!!

Bill

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Touchpanel information about heat and connection length MostHated 2 4,211 02-11-2016, 08:29 AM
Last Post: MostHated