No USB Power after Login (ROCK64+Mate)
(08-17-2017, 04:52 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: Basically,  on the production boards they tied the usb power through regulators;  two GPIO lines must be toggled to set the regulator or the usb power drops.  For some reason the gpio mux lines controlling the regulators are left floating;  not good.

There are two ways to fix it:  1) dts|dtb , or script , to toggle the mux lines turning the regulators ON,  or 2) mod the board so that the regulators are ON all the time !

The regulators are on the schematic on page 19;    We'll do some testing and see if we can get a software fix;  otherwise, we'll put up a board mod procedure.

Blush

I have an additional bit of information. If you open the 'PulseAudio Volume Control' window in Debian LXDE Build 20170809, this seems to immediately kill the USB ports. After getting the USB keyboard and mouse working, everything was good until I opened the PulseAudio Volume Control window. Then the keyboard and mouse were suddenly dead. This happened twice. 

I assume this is related to the above issue regarding the gpio mux lines are left floating?
Same issue here.
I just posted about this, on the 2 page thread, about rock 64 strange thread .. had not gotten to this thread yet.

I am going to go copy/paste what i said there, here, and remove it from there

Jake

I had posted about this in a different thread, before I found this thread .. I edit most of what has already been reported, out if the thread .. but I wanted to mention this, which helps sometimes ...

I have researched this a lot ... I tried a wired keyboard and mouse. Then, I plugged in a powered USB 3.0 hub, which has led's that light up, when a port is receiving a signal. When the problem happens .. I see the USB port get a signal, during start=up. I type password, a couple of seconds later, the USB port no longer receives a signal.

If the system is not shut down correctly, that greatly increases the chance of this happening. In that case, many times, the problem can be resolved by ... when you get to the log in screen .. do NOT type in your password .. instead ( In Xenial mate) .. click the power button at top right of the screen, and do a proper shutdown. About 50% of the time, a power off, then on, after doing this, works.

When it doesn't work, 3 or 4 times .. you might as well give up, and re-burn a new image and start over.

It is interesting that , there are occasions where I can run for a few days, with no problem .. boots up fine. Also never have a problem, before the log in screen, only after.

Jake
(08-18-2017, 09:10 PM)moravecz Wrote: I have an additional bit of information. If you open the 'PulseAudio Volume Control' window in Debian LXDE Build 20170809, this seems to immediately kill the USB ports. After getting the USB keyboard and mouse working, everything was good until I opened the PulseAudio Volume Control window. Then the keyboard and mouse were suddenly dead. This happened twice. 

I assume this is related to the above issue regarding the gpio mux lines are left floating?

Same problem.
Glad I'm not the only one, just googled the issue and found this page.

Installed Debian LXDE 20170809, was find in command line, once into GUI mouse and keyboard stopped working.
Anyone know where we are on this problem? 

I am.. Hesitant to post about the rock 64, to other forums (like the RetroPie forums), untill we get a solution to this problem (because it is a major stumbling block.. At least for me). 

I know there is a.. Apparent problem with ethernet drivers/ethernet chip.. But I am not experiencing that.. But I am experiencing the usb problem. 

I am not.. Whining...  complaining, just trying to figure out where we are with this.. Imho, major problem. 

Jake
(08-23-2017, 12:17 PM)Jakr Wrote: Anyone know where we are on this problem? 

I am.. Hesitant to post about the rock 64, to other forums (like the RetroPie forums), untill we get a solution to this problem (because it is a major stumbling block.. At least for me). 

I know there is a.. Apparent problem with ethernet drivers/ethernet chip.. But I am not experiencing that.. But I am experiencing the usb problem. 

I am not.. Whining...  complaining, just trying to figure out where we are with this.. Imho, major problem. 

Jake

It will be fixed in software ... both Xalius and Ayufan haven't gotten their production boards (they are stuck somewhere) so can't fix it. Its a software fix, so dont worry.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I am building the fix for this as we speak;  it will be ready today.

Initially I'm going to provide two scripts -- 1) manual control,  2) automated control

The automated script will be a systemd service unit.  Eventually we will provide a customized dts entry for device tree;  since most users will just want the power ON and don't care;  the systemd server unit will be for those who want control of the usb power line to be able to cycle power to usb devices (or other relays).  

I will post here when complete;  and I will post a special thread with the scripts -- further , I will push the items on github as PR for ayufan.

Shy
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(08-23-2017, 12:40 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: I am building the fix for this as we speak;  it will be ready today.

Thanks. Having this issue as well. Posting here to subscribe.
I think the kernel changes have already been done and just the images and sources need to be updated.
https://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg602256.html

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  irradium (based on crux linux) Rock64 riscv64, aarch64 mara 0 133 03-24-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: mara
  Rock64 v2 - did not work song / audio sqw200zu 2 1,323 03-14-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: dmitrymyadzelets
  Rock64 won't boot dstallmo 0 321 12-27-2023, 10:34 AM
Last Post: dstallmo
  HDMI doesn't work on rock64 Noung1991 1 594 11-21-2023, 08:33 AM
Last Post: as365n4
  Rock64 + Klipper + KlipperScreen Instructions godzilla62 0 591 10-22-2023, 01:52 AM
Last Post: godzilla62
  Rock64 Debian 11 (Bullseye) install problem jbize 15 8,223 10-12-2023, 05:14 PM
Last Post: tpaul
  slarm64 (unofficial slackware) Rock64 RK3328 (aarch64) mara 133 189,164 10-09-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: mara
  arch rock64 does not boot nemnob 0 578 07-09-2023, 03:28 AM
Last Post: nemnob
  RXDP from Win10 to Armbian on Rock64 Transportsicherung 0 631 05-27-2023, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Transportsicherung
  DietPi OS for ROCK64 MichaIng 41 32,877 12-07-2022, 08:22 PM
Last Post: luminosity7