Wifi
Received my Rock64 in the mail today. Didn't buy a USB wifi dongle. I want to run Android. Is there a specific USB dongle I should buy?
I have a tp-link tl-wn722n I bought a while ago, to use with Kali ....

The only build I have tried it with, is the Xenial mate build. It is not plug and play .. it isn't recognized, when plugged in.

I had read that Ubuntu 16.04 had the drivers for it built in, so was surprised it isn't recognized.

I am using a hard wired Ethernet connection right now, so it hasn't been a priority for me to get working.

Note: my apartment, and my building is wired for GB Ethernet, but the building hasn't been connected to the trunk yet. My router is GB .. and my connection info shows my connection from the rock 64 to the router as ... 1,000 mbs).

Jake
in my case, I have flash Android on my Rock64 complete 3 times, then connect wire to Lan ethernet, but it can not connect to internet, I don't know why???? is there anyone help me to solve this problem. Thanks
are you using a microsd card, or a emmc module?

What did you use to get android to your rock 64 .. SADIE?

what do you see on your screen?

does android boot up?

are the lights on the LAN connector, on the rock 64 lighting up .. the green, and the yellow ones .. are either, or both, or none lighting up?

are you using a .. known, good cable, are you sure the port on your router is working (many times, I have seen a port stop working, on a router).

I can not help you ,I haven't got android running on my rock 64 yet, but I know .. these are some of the things you need to post, before someone can help you.

I was systems engineer for many, many years .. the best advice I can give you is .. the more information you can provide, the higher the chances are, someone can provide you with the help you need.

Jake
I even don't have better idea on that. Sorry!
(08-19-2017, 10:05 AM)Jakr Wrote: are you using a microsd card, or a emmc module?

What did you use to get android to your rock 64 .. SADIE?

what do you see on your screen?

does android boot up?

are the lights on the LAN connector, on the rock 64 lighting up .. the green, and the yellow ones .. are either, or both, or none lighting up?

are you using a .. known, good cable, are you sure the port on your router is working (many times, I have seen a port stop working, on a router).

I can not help you ,I haven't got android running on my rock 64 yet,  but I know .. these are some of the things you need to post, before someone can help you.

I was systems engineer for many, many years .. the best advice I can give you is .. the more information you can provide, the higher the chances are, someone can provide you with the help you need.

Jake
Hi Jake!

"are you using a microsd card, or a emmc module?" I'm using eMMC card 64GB

What did you use to get android to your rock 64 .. SADIE? AndroidTool_Release_v2.38

what do you see on your screen? the icon Wifi has question mark on it.

does android boot up? yes, it booting up completely

are the lights on the LAN connector, on the rock 64 lighting up .. the green, and the yellow ones .. are either, or both, or none lighting up? only the yellow light linking, no green light linking.

are you using a .. known, good cable, are you sure the port on your router is working (many times, I have seen a port stop working, on a router). Yes I have change some of cables which are using good with my computer and router.

I can not help you ,I haven't got android running on my rock 64 yet,  but I know .. these are some of the things you need to post, before someone can help you.

I was systems engineer for many, many years .. the best advice I can give you is .. the more information you can provide, the higher the chances are, someone can provide you with the help you need.  I have flash 3 times completely, but the result are the same, not connect to internet by ethernet. I have flash two version Android V0.1.8 r48 and V0.2.7 r59 the same result.

Jake
Just read your reply here @dhruan thanks for your great info. lol
Just thought of something else...

Have you flashed anything other then android to it?

I ask because... If you flash something else, like one of the many flavors of Linux, you can verify if the ethernet port on your rock 64 is working correctly. Just something I would do, to verify my hardware is working correctly.

Jake
(08-20-2017, 10:20 AM)Jakr Wrote: Just thought of something else...

Have you flashed anything other then android to it?

I ask because... If you flash something else, like one of the many flavors of Linux, you can verify if the ethernet port on your rock 64 is working correctly.  Just something I would do, to verify my hardware is working correctly.

Jake

Hi Jakr,
I just flash only Android OS. I never use linux before
There is a chance there is something going on with your board.

There is another thread in the forums here, about a similar problem to yours.

So, the problem is being looked into.

This is the other thread.. You should follow it.. I suspect what you are seeing is the same thing being discussed there...

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=4964

Jake

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  USB WiFi dongle tplink TL-WN821N AlexS 1 3,264 09-05-2020, 02:42 PM
Last Post: BowerR64
  ROCK64 USB WIFI 802.11B/G/N (RTL8188EU) admiral_andersen 0 2,116 09-07-2019, 04:21 AM
Last Post: admiral_andersen
  Supported 5GHZ Wifi Adapters? bryguy 1 3,336 12-03-2017, 12:55 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Does “0.2.14: jenkins-android-7.1-rock-64-69” support wifi? fbms 5 6,728 10-18-2017, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Guy the IT Guy
  Wifi dsmart978 0 1,639 08-15-2017, 12:55 PM
Last Post: dsmart978