Thermal pads inside were installed the wrong way
I just disassembled my Pinebook and noticed the thermal pads were installed in wrong order. If possible could anyone else from the latest shipment check if their one is done right. If this is just isolated case.
So how they should be placed afaik is that the bigger pad is on the CPU (big A64 label) and smaller one on AXP803. Mine were reversed.
will check once mine arrives!
(08-13-2017, 08:02 AM)hene Wrote: I just disassembled my Pinebook and noticed the thermal pads were installed in wrong order. If possible could anyone else from the latest shipment check if their one is done right. If this is just isolated case.
So how they should be placed afaik is that the bigger pad is on the CPU (big A64 label) and smaller one on AXP803. Mine were reversed.

Please post the photos, we need to complain to factory if there is workmanship issue. Thanks.
[quote pid='30546' dateline='1502789812']
(08-13-2017, 08:02 AM)hene Wrote: I just disassembled my Pinebook and noticed the thermal pads were installed in wrong order. If possible could anyone else from the latest shipment check if their one is done right. If this is just isolated case.

Please post the photos, we need to complain to factory if there is workmanship issue. Thanks.
[/quote]

Well I have only pics after I corrected the issue. But I have attached a pic of how they should be. They were installed the other way around when I received my unit.

(08-15-2017, 06:38 AM)hene Wrote: [quote pid='30546' dateline='1502789812']

Well I have only pics after I corrected the issue. But I have attached a pic of how they should be. They were installed the other way around when I received my unit.

[/quote]

Noted.
Photo 
It seems that my thernal pads are installed correctly - but a little misaligned  at the cpu...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

i just received my pinebook and had my thermal pads swapped as well, fixed it~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switch inside the case hene 3 4,642 08-13-2017, 08:27 AM
Last Post: xalius