Actual schematics for the pinebook?
On the pinebook resources page:
https://www.pine64.org/?page_id=5734

There are schematics listed. However, these schematics don't seem to match the actual hardware, and thus are quite useless.

Are the actual schematics known?
(08-04-2017, 08:53 AM)daid Wrote: On the pinebook resources page:
https://www.pine64.org/?page_id=5734

There are schematics listed. However, these schematics don't seem to match the actual hardware, and thus are quite useless.

Are the actual schematics known?

I have asked TLLim about updating the schematics;  will post when I hear back.

Most of the main board schematics are correct ( and useful for quite a lot ).

The small board schematics are for the x86 version Oakbook;   they are good for some things too, but the PCIe lane is obviously not there and the chip is not mounted.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Spoke with tllim this morning;  says the schematics are 100% correct; ofc the small board schematic shows the PCIE chip which is not mounted on the Pinebook, otherwise the rest of the schematic can be relied on.

If you have specific questions about the schematic, please post them and we'll try to get answers for you.

Dodgy
marcushh777    Cool

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(08-05-2017, 01:48 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: Spoke with tllim this morning;  says the schematics are 100% correct; ofc the small board schematic shows the PCIE chip which is not mounted on the Pinebook, otherwise the rest of the schematic can be relied on.

If you have specific questions about the schematic, please post them and we'll try to get answers for you.

Dodgy

Maybe it's me not reading it right, but I see a camera connected with CSI, while linux lists it as USB connected. And then the PCEI chip. That combined threw us on the path that these schematics couldn't be the 100% right ones. Also the first page of the schematics list things that aren't there (2nd camera, 2G modem)
(08-05-2017, 09:45 AM)daid Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 01:48 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: Spoke with tllim this morning;  says the schematics are 100% correct; ofc the small board schematic shows the PCIE chip which is not mounted on the Pinebook, otherwise the rest of the schematic can be relied on.

Dodgy

Maybe it's me not reading it right, but I see a camera connected with CSI, while linux lists it as USB connected. And then the PCEI chip. That combined threw us on the path that these schematics couldn't be the 100% right ones. Also the first page of the schematics list things that aren't there (2nd camera, 2G modem)

It is a little difficult to read;  I must agree.  The way it was explained to me is that the design house takes the reference schematic and just  adds|deletes  stuff from it as they work up the production boards|schematics.  This makes it very easy to track changes;  however, it leaves stuff on the schematic often like the empty camera CSI block.  So, the way to read the camera CSI block on page 10 is that there are no connections to the A64 CSI port-- and this is in fact true--  there is no CSI connector on the board !   ... but, the A64 CSI port does exist !

The functional camera is in fact a usb device and its connections are located on the display cable;  as you already figured out from the disassembly.  Mine shows as Silicon Motion Inc, formerly Feiya Technology Corp 300K pixel camera device 004 id: 090c:037c     There is no rear facing camera (CSI) and the schematic page 10 indicates that the port is empty;  this is a little sloppy, but is regardless 100% correct.

Our tech in Germany has checked the schematic very carefully ( talked to him tonight ) and he concurs with tllim that the schematic is 100% correct with the single exception that the small board schematic does not have the PCIe lane chip mounted on the board ( again, a carry-over from the reference schematic from Oakbook ). He further states that "so far" he has found no bugs in the schematic between the docs on-line and the actual hardware. ( I trust this guy implicitly )

I hope this answers your questions;  please feel secure in the docs as they stand, and also please don't hesitate to ask any further questions that come up;  I may not know, but I'll get you an answer one way or the other.

Note:  while the usb camera "connections" are on the schematic , the usb camera is NOT on the schematic;  they had planned on using the CSI camera in the beginning, but the cables turned out to be not long enough;  hence, the usb camera add-on with the display cable.

Wink
marcushh777    Cool

(08-05-2017, 09:45 AM)daid Wrote: Maybe it's me not reading it right, but I see a camera connected with CSI, while linux lists it as USB connected. And then the PCEI chip. That combined threw us on the path that these schematics couldn't be the 100% right ones. Also the first page of the schematics list things that aren't there (2nd camera, 2G modem)

Yeah, the reference PCEI chip from the daughter-board is simply a leftover from the schematic coming from another project which does use it. The only real mistake I know of so far is the block diagram on the first page of the main schematic, which as you mentioned is listing the two cameras on PCSI, and the 2G modem, plus a capacitive touch screen... probably just leftovers from the design stage, and never implemented. Another thing to look out for is the 'NC' against component listings... meaning it's not populated, but the board should still have provision for that part.

If you work from the presumption that the main schematic is accurate, you can also rule out the PCIE when you look at page 9, as all of the 'PCIE' pins from the daughter board are grounded, and two are actually used for the USB hub Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pinebook 1080p power/barrel connector/cable cel 0 496 08-03-2023, 11:43 AM
Last Post: cel
  eMMC compatible with Pinebook leperotero 0 1,321 07-19-2022, 07:15 AM
Last Post: leperotero
Heart [solved] Anyone selling their Pinebook? feyn 0 1,167 07-11-2022, 03:38 PM
Last Post: feyn
  Move PB Pro eMMC 128 GB to Pinebook 11 1080p petet0n76 1 1,563 06-07-2022, 10:35 PM
Last Post: tllim
  UART switch Pinebook 11.6" irongarment 3 3,216 01-03-2022, 03:28 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
Exclamation "6" Key direly needed for 11" Pinebook Corkonian 1 2,529 09-25-2021, 12:03 AM
  Pinebook 14 " Battery Swollen/Bulged billjon 1 3,535 01-13-2021, 11:03 AM
Last Post: barray
  touchpad on pinebook issues? ron_burgundy 14 13,504 12-19-2020, 06:55 PM
Last Post: ron_burgundy
  Pinebook doesn't charge anymore Reinoud 0 2,631 08-20-2020, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Reinoud
Information How To Setup Serial Console Cable Over the Pinebook MarkHaysHarris777 4 22,683 07-02-2020, 06:33 PM