Pinebook's battery flat on arrival
Been a while, Big Grin

I just came back to see if there was any way to restore my own pinebook which died in almost the same way..
I took of the back, and plugged in the power... got the green light (yes...that was missing on past attempts to power up).. and like others, after a few seconds it then went off, with no indication of a charge...

But I've take Mark's advice here, put in the power, unplugged the battery connector counted to 5, and reconnected, with no sign of life doing that...but we'll see.
Ill wait 30 mins or so, and see if its taking any charge, or at least giving an indication it is, and then try the same procedure and repeat for the weekend.

fingers crossed.

oh and totally by accident as I still have the back off and was handling it rather awkwardly, I managed to press the Power Button as I put it down... It booted Big Grin

And its indeed now charging... red light on the power indicator and display showing a 1% batter in charging mode. So hopefully if I leave it overnight to get a good drink, it should be all back to normal tomorrow and I'll take care to power it down each time to avoid this issue.
Brian Beuken,
Very old game programmer, teaching very young game programmers, a LOT of bad habits.
Lecturer in Games Programming @ BUas in The Netherlands. Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming. Check out my website www.scratchpadgames.net and feel free to join the forum even if you don't own the book.  
(10-26-2019, 07:39 AM)Brian Beuken Wrote: Been a while,  Big Grin

I just came back to see if there was any way to restore my own pinebook which died in almost the same way..
I took of the back, and plugged in the power... got the green light (yes...that was missing on past attempts to power up).. and like others,  after a few seconds it then went off, with no indication of a charge...

But I've take Mark's advice here, put in the power, unplugged the battery connector counted to 5, and reconnected, with no sign of life doing that...but we'll see.
Ill wait 30 mins or so, and see if its taking any charge, or at least giving an indication it is, and then try the same procedure and repeat for the weekend.

fingers crossed.

oh and totally by accident as I still have the back off and was handling it rather awkwardly, I managed to press the Power Button as I put it down... It booted Big Grin

And its indeed now charging... red light on the power indicator and display showing a 1% batter in charging mode. So hopefully if I leave it overnight to get a good drink, it should be all back to normal tomorrow and I'll take care to power it down each time to avoid this issue.

Jut follow-up, does your Pinebook battery back to full charge?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dead Pinebook - fix it or spare parts? oloturia 2 2,207 03-19-2023, 03:38 PM
Last Post: oloturia
  Broken bottom case of PineBook 14 Mick 1 919 02-22-2023, 05:49 AM
Last Post: Mick
  Original 14" Pinebook an Orphan? vdicarlo 2 1,258 01-05-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: jezek
  Pinebook Users are a nobody leperotero 13 12,590 09-06-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: zapper
  Does anybody repair pinebook pro laptops for a fee? Tsvi Bar-David 0 956 09-05-2022, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Tsvi Bar-David
  Pinebook with a broken screen and 2 eMMC's for sale. UK ONLY. frank-zappa 0 1,596 03-08-2022, 10:14 AM
Last Post: frank-zappa
  Pinebook to Pinebook Pro-esque upgrade kit sebboh 5 7,498 08-18-2021, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Corkonian
  Battery life unrealb2 4 5,532 08-01-2021, 12:26 AM
Last Post: unrealb2
  new pinebook help ron_burgundy 5 7,681 12-17-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ron_burgundy
  Few questions about flashing to a MicroSD card on the Pinebook Pro SanjevR 6 9,607 12-07-2020, 04:02 PM
Last Post: SanjevR