DOA Pine64 ?
(03-19-2016, 10:51 AM)Astondb5 Wrote: I never got a post screen on mine either.  It just booted into a Pine logo and then the OS and the LED was never any color other than red. But I have booted 3 different OS on it.

I dont even get video I get nothing zilch. 
This is not a "OS not booting" issue.
This is a "I'm not getting anything" issue. 
Guess it's RMA time. 

Gato
I have the same issue. I initally tried 'dd'ing an image which didnt work then tried the Phoenix application with both android and remix but both wont boot. Tried 2 different SD cards too. Just get a blank screen and a red glow of death!

EDIT: Found out I wasnt selecting 'Startup Mode' on the Phoenix tool which fixed the issue. My laptop has an internal SD card reader and the tool finishes with an error but it works ok. I found this out as the Arch image booted ok using Win32ImageWriter
(03-21-2016, 06:04 AM)eskemo Wrote: I have the same issue. I initally tried 'dd'ing an image which didnt work then tried the Phoenix application with both android and remix but both wont boot. Tried 2 different SD cards too. Just get a blank screen and a red glow of death!

EDIT: Found out I wasnt selecting 'Startup Mode' on the Phoenix tool which fixed the issue. My laptop has an internal SD card reader and the tool finishes with an error but it works ok. I found this out as the Arch image booted ok using Win32ImageWriter

So you only get video if its able to boot off the SD Card? 

Gato
(03-21-2016, 01:35 PM)gato38 Wrote:
(03-21-2016, 06:04 AM)eskemo Wrote: I have the same issue. I initally tried 'dd'ing an image which didnt work then tried the Phoenix application with both android and remix but both wont boot. Tried 2 different SD cards too. Just get a blank screen and a red glow of death!

So you only get video if its able to boot off the SD Card? 

Gato

With my TV i had a black video signal (i.e. I had a signal but it was blank). Based on what I did, try the Arch image using win32ImagerWriter or 'dd' it with Mac/Linux. From what I gather the Phoenix app adds extra boot variables to the SD card when writing the image (for Remix and Android) so it doesnt appear that you can directly 'dd' them which is a pain if you have Mac/Linux.
Hi all,

Would like to say it's great to be here, but it's with frustration I make my first post. I've taken delivery of my PA642GB, and tried to set it up, all to no avail, so far I've tried:

1. 4 * 2amp USB Chargers
2. 4 * Micro USB Cables
3. Nothing attached to the Pine except for power, HDMI, and Micro SD card
4. I'm using the sun50iw1p1_android_db1000_uart0_0216.img image, which has burn correctly.

I get a red light by the power socket, but nothing else, not even a boot screen, and have the feeling I may has received a dodgy board.

I have vast experience with Raspberry Pi's so am no newbie to this.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Mark
Try booting RemixOS or something else. (BTW, the red light is standard for consumer boards. Nobody gets a green light except for developers)
If I've helped you with something, please leave a rating for my responses.
I'm having the same issues.

Getting nothing at all from many many USB cables, computers to supply USB power, USB bricks...everything.

Trying to run RemixOS and used the prescribed burn method onto a Samsung EVO class card.
Like others, I'm adding my voice to the chorus of 'it's not working not matter what I do'.

Thrilled to get my board today...BUT...I've tried half a dozen Micro USB cables, and half a dozen power sources and have not got a flicker of a boot.

For instance, a iPad power brick kicks out 2.4a it says here, but this doesn't get the Pine alive.
My main PC doesn't do it.

I think we need a BIG post about boot up/power supply troubleshooting and maybe even a recommended PS.
All I've seen is a link to an Anker USB breakout that costs more than the board.

Should I be seeing anything but a red LED even if my OS isn't going? Not sure.

Not happy.
Sad
do you have a sd card in slot with OS ?

you want see anything unless you have and os ready.
Thanks for your reply....

Yes, I have a very fast Samsung EVO 32GB in there with the ReMixOS IMG flashed on there with PhoenixCard writer.
Phoenix reported that the flashing succeeded.

I'm using an iPad power brick and a very nice MicroUSB cable.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wi-Fi/Bluetooth for PINE64, Model: Sopine A64 lamson 0 1,757 08-24-2021, 08:17 AM
Last Post: lamson
  AC Adapter Which One? Pine64 A64 DB V1.1 2GB REV B (Year 2016) databaseprogrammer 2 3,453 06-17-2021, 05:35 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
  Just discovered Pine64 ! - first Q philip_rhoades 4 5,754 04-29-2020, 10:13 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  A newest user in Pine64 Aliko 1 3,979 04-19-2020, 10:33 PM
Last Post: tllim
  PINE64 Installer - Simple Way to Image Your MicroSD pineadmin 101 151,100 01-15-2020, 12:46 PM
Last Post: tophneal
  Emails from pine64 received as spam by gmail Matan 2 5,777 08-21-2019, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Leiaz
  How to handle a Pine64 correctly gbjensen 6 16,371 03-28-2019, 11:43 PM
Last Post: InsideJob
Information Creating a NAS server in Pine64 javi_cala 4 8,334 01-21-2019, 02:03 AM
Last Post: bartes
  The 6 most common reasons why Pine64 won't boot Andrew2 109 209,151 10-11-2018, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Technolab88
  Pine64 installer way slow flashing Paraplegic Racehorse 2 4,513 01-10-2018, 04:05 PM
Last Post: dkryder