Error formatting MicroSD
Hi,

I had kinda the same problem, when i tried to install / burn an image via phoenix.
I plainly used the micrsoft formatting software (my computer, right click the sd card format (fat32, standard)) and then i was able to burn an image (need to start the phoenix software with admin (right click the exe launch as administrator). It only took the software about 1 minute.

i am using windows 10.
no matter what I have tried and how many cards, card readers or computers I have tried I ca not get this working...
So is this stone age looking piece of "software" needed? Can't I just use Disk32 or something to flash the card like all the others use?

just want to ask
Why there is a bunch of files in the downloaded folder of this img writer which looks like leftover from someones work???
Like this config file

[Image: Tytrx.jpg]
>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<
I don't understand why we have to use the horrible software (PhoenixCard). I've tried with multiple SD cards now (2 of which I've used to run my RPI2s on), and it just says:
[phoenixcard_10] success
[phoenixcard_20] success
[MBR] success
[bootloader] Success
[env]success
[boot]success
Error

That's it. Literally nothing to go on. -.-
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 12.6 MByte/s
Reading speed: 25.4 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

-.-

Quick edit:
Managed to get it installed. Feels slightly sluggish atm. Also, doesn't connect to the network as far as I can see. It boots fine, enters android system etc. Keeps crashing in the settings. Not able to check ethernet traffic, when I try clicking "Add google account" I get "Settings has crashed" every time. Guess I'll try burning a new image.. again.. :3
I tried to burn the Android and Remixos images several times and failed with each. Sometimes it would fail right away, but many times it failed after flashing the bootloader. I was using a micro SD to SD card adapter with a built in card reader in my laptop. I kept removing and re-inserting the card into my laptop and formatted and flashed the card. It took quite a few tries, but both images eventually flashed and boot up successfully. If it's not flashing properly, don't lose hope. I haven't had issues using the card adapter in my laptop until this point, so I'm not sure why this would be an issue now and apparently an issue for others also.
I got it flashed, but the build was so buggy I cried a little (at least for the 2gb version). Guess I'll try again when it gets a little more stable :p
(04-08-2016, 04:14 AM)yusijs Wrote: I don't understand why we have to use the horrible software (PhoenixCard). I've tried with multiple SD cards now (2 of which I've used to run my RPI2s on), and it just says:

From what I understand from another user on this board. The Remix and Android images need to resize the /data partiton when the image is transferred to the sd card. Thats part of what PhoenixCard does. After it lays out the image on the SD it then resizes the /data partition to the available space. 

It's been theorized that if someone wanted an 8GB image of Remix or Android, a user who has a working 8GB image could use something like win32diskimager to make an image of their working card, and upload it and then anyone with an 8GB card or bigger could use that image and win32diskimager instead of Phoenix card.
(04-08-2016, 07:04 AM)rahlquist Wrote:
(04-08-2016, 04:14 AM)yusijs Wrote: I don't understand why we have to use the horrible software (PhoenixCard). I've tried with multiple SD cards now (2 of which I've used to run my RPI2s on), and it just says:
The Remix and Android images need to resize the /data partiton when the image is transferred to the sd card. Thats part of what PhoenixCard does. After it lays out the image on the SD it then resizes the /data partition to the available space. 

this can be done the much better way. something like we have on XBian. After you flash your image to the card, you put it to RPi and the whole resize happened in first boot.

I gave up on this board. Seems I have make a bad choice buying this.
Nothing is ready, nothing is as suppose to be....bad, very bad choice. I simply wasted my money. 
Luckily I still have few of my RPi's so I keep using those and buy more.
This board is going to die pretty soon and be forgotten..same as Bananapi or others
(04-10-2016, 05:47 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:
The Remix and Android images need to resize the /data partiton when the image is transferred to the sd card. Thats part of what PhoenixCard does. After it lays out the image on the SD it then resizes the /data partition to the available space. 

this can be done the much better way. something like we have on XBian. After you flash your image to the card, you put it to RPi and the whole resize happened in first boot.

Nothing is ready, nothing is as suppose to be....bad, very bad choice. I simply wasted my money. 
This board is going to die pretty soon and be forgotten..same as Bananapi or others

You dont think thats a bit much. Comming to that conclution even befor te Pine community has had a chance to build it into what its capable of? Not everyone has recieved their boards yet, and when we all do I bet there will be alot of bugfixes comming our way. You need to remember that this is a product still in the startditch. 
I do understand your frustration, but I dont understand why you backed a campaign like this if you are allergic to startup problems.
Yes the KS campaign led us to believe this was a fully functionalling SBC but like anything with a small community, things take time.

Still looking forward to recieving my Pine and hoping for some really good, stable builds to get around (Android/RemixOS for the 2Gb board)
(04-10-2016, 06:21 AM)Tarjei85 Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 05:47 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:

You dont think thats a bit much. Comming to that conclution even befor te Pine community has had a chance to build it into what its capable of? Not everyone has recieved their boards yet, and when we all do I bet there will be alot of bugfixes comming our way. You need to remember that this is a product still in the startditch. 
I do understand your frustration, but I dont understand why you backed a campaign like this if you are allergic to startup problems.
Yes the KS campaign led us to believe this was a fully functionalling SBC but like anything with a small community, things take time.

Still looking forward to recieving my Pine and hoping for some really good, stable builds to get around (Android/RemixOS for the 2Gb board)

well, this is not my first project I do. I bought few others and one is RPi which I have preorder long before they started to sell.
But this board is somehow bad and I dont feel there is much in it even in future...seems to be pretty badly managed from start and the people behind, they just throwing excuse after excuse...not good 
And with the basics like none working SW which suppose to flash SD card, well there is not much to help with ...
To much problems which seems to have no solution and most important no people behind who would fix it...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card too small Error loungehound 7 12,633 01-21-2017, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Bluphire
  Netflix (v4.9.5) Error 1018 on Playback evanthor 3 15,961 12-19-2016, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Bluphire
  MicroSD Size mismatch with Image Hbtr 23 28,392 08-31-2016, 09:00 AM
Last Post: montero65
  Change MicroSD card AA666 2 4,461 05-26-2016, 01:20 PM
Last Post: AA666