Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here!
2 cases of bended boxes in the same way and bended boards doesn't look promising indeed...
My Box and board came in yesterday and was curved in much the same way. I haven't had a chance yet to setup a memory card and try to boot it up. I am hoping it works.
(03-16-2016, 03:53 AM)Artyom Wrote: Good afternoon, prompt, whether there is on Board (along the curve) traces of mechanical influence (for example behind a protective coating from the Board and so on)? I just want to understand how such a curve can be obtained during transportation are not seriously damaging the outer layer of the Board. I have a serious suspicion that the problem is not in the service delivery and in the plant. You can take foto of the board (front and rear side) and post the photos?

[Image: 2A6lqT5l.jpg]

[Image: j5KiB1Nl.jpg]
(03-16-2016, 08:28 AM)minutesgrep Wrote:
(03-16-2016, 03:53 AM)Artyom Wrote: Good afternoon, prompt, whether there is on Board (along the curve) traces of mechanical influence (for example behind a protective coating from the Board and so on)? I just want to understand how such a curve can be obtained during transportation are not seriously damaging the outer layer of the Board. I have a serious suspicion that the problem is not in the service delivery and in the plant. You can take foto of the board (front and rear side) and post the photos?

[Image: 2A6lqT5l.jpg]

[Image: j5KiB1Nl.jpg]
Despite the fact that this photograph (the quality of the way rather not bad for a brilliant subject, thank you), I saw nothing that would indicate damage received when delivered. A bending board is not quite bad. Based on what I saw, I am more inclined to the version of the factory defect. Because no serious injuries pointing to the contrary, I did not see. Talk to tllim. Can Pine64 will replace your board?
I got mine yesterday. The box is in perfect condition but I did notice that the board is bent a little. I believe this had to have happened during production. I am also having issues getting it to power on. The light just stays red. I've tried a couple of different power adapters. I will keep trying things to rule stuff out.
For example:
The packaging of my Raspberry Pi 2 was in perfect condition, but the RasPi 2 was a little bit bent.
That could be really normal and doesn't affect the operational airworthiness.
My forum topics:
• Create a WiFi hotspot on Debian 8
• Turn your Pine64 into a music server with mpd
• Adjust brightness of LCD on Armbian Desktop with 1 click
• My cases for Pine64 (acryl, lego & wood)

• Pine 64 - DACH - Facebook page for german-speaking Pine64-fans.
Anybody knows if we can cancel orders that we placed after the kickstarter campaign?

I placed an order for two after my initial kickstarter order and I rather cancel them after seeing the quality issues a few people that have got the board have run into.
(03-16-2016, 09:27 AM)jammersplace Wrote: I got mine yesterday. The box is in perfect condition but I did notice that the board is bent a little. I believe this had to have happened during production. I am also having issues getting it to power on. The light just stays red. I've tried a couple of different power adapters. I will keep trying things to rule stuff out.

Try to remove and insert the sd card again. You may need to do this several times. This problem is at RasPi2.

(03-16-2016, 12:38 PM)JulianM Wrote: For example:
The packaging of my Raspberry Pi 2 was in perfect condition, but the RasPi 2 was a little bit bent.
That could be really normal and doesn't affect the operational airworthiness.

Have to disagree. I have RasPi2 OEM, was without branded box. It no bending. In addition, such bending can lead to sad consequences, namely the emergence of micro cracks in the PCB. If you put it into the housing and screw the bolts (fix) due to changes in temperature (not extreme changes), you will see micro cracks due to natural cycles of heating and cooling (on - off). Micro cracks appear due to the presence of bending and the presence of internal tension, which will vary under the impact of temperatures.
I got mine today, checked the board, also bent a little. the cardboard is in good shape. Looking forward to test it tonight.

Just powered on the board and booted linux, everything looks great except the bent.
@lzto Could you please share your reward/pledge details? Also, did you get any tracking info?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is the PinePhone delivered to your door or to a post office? MirceaKitsune 11 7,142 11-22-2021, 11:58 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Didn't receive phone, no response from Pine64 at all rn43x 8 9,545 09-11-2021, 01:29 PM
Last Post: hacker
  New to Pine64: should I have expected a tracking number by now? Indieshack 2 5,015 06-19-2020, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Indieshack
  Earth to Pine64, please respond! EvanBeem 43 48,882 02-01-2017, 09:26 PM
Last Post: tllim
  BEFORE You post asking about shipping from Pine Store (not Kickstarter) rahlquist 41 79,357 10-13-2016, 03:56 PM
Last Post: hans
  Pine64 sales are useless panoflex 1 3,796 09-22-2016, 06:06 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Pine64 2gb + stuff for sale or trade Caleb420 0 2,433 09-22-2016, 01:46 AM
Last Post: Caleb420
  Not Received Any Pine64 maheshsutariya 16 21,018 09-14-2016, 06:15 PM
Last Post: tllim
  PINE64 ABS Playbox Enclosure be available for sale in the shop danlcarr 3 5,767 08-31-2016, 09:28 PM
Last Post: clocey
  Pine64 FS or Trade? birdcatx7 6 9,192 08-29-2016, 01:53 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777