eMMC memory
hello I can see in the datasheet A64,  up to three SD/MMC controller and comply  to eMMC standard V5.0

the question is, can I add eMMC memory? 8GB,16gb or 32GB with eMMC module ?

Thanks you.
(12-12-2015, 03:34 PM)hazerty Wrote: hello I can see in the datasheet A64,  up to three SD/MMC controller and comply  to eMMC standard V5.0

the question is, can I add eMMC memory? 8GB,16gb  or 32GB with eMMC module ?

Thanks you.
The Pine A64 board designs for microSD card booting and some eMMC pins already allocated for IO expansion purpose.
ok thanks you for reply, i Can't add emmc module.

is there another way for boot? USB BOOT or other?
(12-13-2015, 04:14 AM)hazerty Wrote: ok thanks you for reply, i Can't add emmc module.

is there another way  for boot? USB BOOT or other?

The kernel image and device tree binary has to be loaded from the uSD card, but I'm pretty sure that you can boot the userland/rootfs from USB or whatever device the linux kernel supports (e.g. NFS).

(12-13-2015, 03:16 AM)tllim Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 03:34 PM)hazerty Wrote: hello I can see in the datasheet A64,  up to three SD/MMC controller and comply  to eMMC standard V5.0

Thanks you.
The Pine A64 board designs for microSD card booting and some eMMC pins already allocated for IO expansion purpose.

What kind of IO expansion do you have in mind?

For this kind of boards, eMMC seems to be the only option to run a reliable storage device with significant performance.
(01-08-2016, 05:26 AM)umiddelb Wrote:
(12-13-2015, 04:14 AM)hazerty Wrote: ok thanks you for reply, i Can't add emmc module.

The kernel image and device tree binary has to be loaded from the uSD card, but I'm pretty sure that you can boot the userland/rootfs from USB or whatever device the linux kernel supports (e.g. NFS).

Thanks you.

For this kind of boards, eMMC seems to be the only option to run a reliable storage device with significant performance.

If you understand what kind of users you are seliing your boards to, you will realise that dumping an eMMC interface and instead giving dozens of GPIO pins is just stupid. These customers do not want that many GPIO, and they NEED decent storage speeds that slow SD card interface and USB cannot provide.

PLEASE at least consider ensuring the SD card interface is UHS, rather than standard slow SD interface speeds, or you will have a very large number of annoyed and disappointed customers. The best thing you could do would be to make a proper eMMC interface available. You could sell a small eMMC expansion board of maybe 16GB or 32GB as an extra option, and make some more money too! Everybody wins!
(01-10-2016, 04:45 AM)joe Wrote:
(01-10-2016, 04:07 AM)baylf2000 Wrote:
(01-08-2016, 05:26 AM)umiddelb Wrote:

Thanks you.

If you understand what kind of users you are seliing your boards to, you will realise that dumping an eMMC interface and instead giving dozens of GPIO pins is just stupid. These customers do not want that many GPIO, and they NEED decent storage speeds that slow SD card interface and USB cannot provide.

PLEASE at least consider ensuring the SD card interface is UHS, rather than standard slow SD interface speeds, or you will have a very large number of annoyed and disappointed customers. The best thing you could do would be to make a proper eMMC interface available. You could sell a small eMMC expansion board of maybe 16GB or 32GB as an extra option, and make some more money too! Everybody wins!

Can you Stop ?

I have no time to here read your English .  This is over 25MB/s , you asked is SD 2.0 version 

[Image: i6z9c3.png]
[Image: 5bnzat.png]

Please read allwinner A64 document

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0cEs0l...ef=2&pli=1

Please see my reply to your identically rude comment in the original thread. 

http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?t...641#pid641
I can only hope this will boot from a journaling filesystem rather than just FAT. Any chance we can boot from squashfs?
I'm just dead curios about uhs-1 support. Someone can I/O bench this boad? Mine is coming in april....
I feel sympathy for both sides.

The marketing of pine64 has been such that people have great expectations.
Now reality kicks in and people vent their frustration.
On the other hand the technical staff has to cope with all this real life problems, now the board has been delivered.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  64GB Memory Card jl_678 14 15,548 04-20-2016, 08:34 AM
Last Post: tkaiser