I need help or guidance
So I'm ordering the IoT kit , and I'm very new to all SBC's . I'm just learning about all of this and was wondering if there is a sticky or guide that explains what the modules do. 

I feel kinda lost , I need to order extra boards for my sensors and those talk via wifi to the main IoT pine64 sbc ?
(02-20-2016, 10:51 AM)opo2k Wrote: So I'm ordering the IoT kit , and I'm very new to all SBC's . I'm just learning about all of this and was wondering if there is a sticky or guide that explains what the modules do. 

I feel kinda lost , I need to order extra boards for my sensors and those talk via wifi to the main IoT pine64 sbc ?

Hi there.

There is a short description on Backerkit with each add-on, and the Pine A64 wiki gives some more detailed background on some of the POTs (Peripheral On Top).

You definitely don't need to buy one Pine per sensor if that's what you mean. If you are new to this sort of thing, it might be better to focus on one area and learn more about that than jump in and get one of everything straight away.

Anyway, the I²C board allows you to connect multiple sensors to one Pine A64. Check out the info on the Wiki regarding the different POT boards, which includes the I²C board:

http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/POT
(02-20-2016, 01:27 PM)SkairkrohBule Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 10:51 AM)opo2k Wrote: So I'm ordering the IoT kit , and I'm very new to all SBC's . I'm just learning about all of this and was wondering if there is a sticky or guide that explains what the modules do. 

Hi there.

There is a short description on Backerkit with each add-on, and the Pine A64 wiki gives some more detailed background on some of the POTs (Peripheral On Top).

You definitely don't need to buy one Pine per sensor if that's what you mean. If you are new to this sort of thing, it might be better to focus on one area and learn more about that than jump in and get one of everything straight away.

Anyway, the I²C board allows you to connect multiple sensors to one Pine A64. Check out the info on the Wiki regarding the different POT boards, which includes the I²C board:

Ok . but do I need a pot board if I want to add 3rd party sensors and stuff via io pins to the pine 64? Also can I use mobile phone touch screens or other hardware I can salvage from old electronics?
(03-04-2016, 11:40 PM)opo2k Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 01:27 PM)SkairkrohBule Wrote:

Hi there.

Ok . but do I need a pot board if I want to add 3rd party sensors and stuff via io pins to the pine 64? Also can I use mobile phone touch screens or other hardware I can salvage from old electronics?
You can add 3rd party sensor and stuff via IO pins and not necessary need POT board. Using mobile phone touch screen may be a bit far fetch unless you are expert on such area.