partition editor
when i try and adjust any of the partition sizes gparted has a cow because there is 1 partition that spans across 4 or 5 in all of the android releases.

is there a partition editor which can deal with this and not have a fit about it?

<edit>

seems like this problem gets solved by flashing with etcher instead of DD (even on DD images). i dont understand why, the images worked in the pine 64 but had overlapping partitions when burnt with DD
(02-04-2017, 09:21 PM)rxb Wrote: when i try and adjust any of the partition sizes gparted has a cow because there is 1 partition that spans across 4 or 5 in all of the android releases.

is there a partition editor which can deal with this and not have a fit about it?

gparted is the partition editor of partition editors

Technical terms like 'fit' and 'cow' aside, if gparted can't handle it, nothing can.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(02-04-2017, 09:21 PM)rxb Wrote: when i try and adjust any of the partition sizes gparted has a cow because there is 1 partition that spans across 4 or 5 in all of the android releases.

there has been some discussion on the forum about the issue you refer to and some posters think it's a matter of the image itself being made incorrectly.  and if so the best thing to do is create a correct new image
(02-05-2017, 12:12 PM)dkryder Wrote:

there has been some discussion on the forum about the issue you refer to and some posters think it's a matter of the image itself being made incorrectly.  and if so the best thing to do is create a correct new image

yeah - i came to that conclusion when i flashed with etcher instead of DD and it had a reasonably looking partition arrangement thanks for your help tho! very useful!