Corrupt SD Card?
Hello, I'm new to the Pine64.  I just recently received my first board and set it up a few days ago.

When I first tried Android Lollipop (5.1.1) it started up fine, but then refused to ever wake up when I put the screen to sleep.  So I tried Android 6.0.  It seems to run just fine and wakes up the screen from sleep correctly, but I'm baffled by another odd behavior: Every time I boot, it tells me the SD Card is corrupt as a notification.  I am using brand-new Sandisk 32 GB cards.  It did it with the 32 GB image, and even with the 8 GB image.

This is what it shows as a notification:

This is on the Storage & USB screen under Settings:

I have no idea what "volumn" is either.  No other USB storage device is connected.

As a test I tried to have it "fix" my card.  It suggested a format, which I let it try.  It failed with a truly bizarre error message (I could not capture), and then as I expected, the card refused to boot afterward.  I had to go and re-image it.

Any ideas as to why it thinks my card is always corrupt?  Any suggested way I can fix it?  Should that "volumn" be concerning?  (Please note I am very new to UNIX / Linux, so please explain any steps you suggest I do.)

Thanks.
I think the corrupt card message is a known bug in Ayufan's 6.0 image, and does not affect the use of the operating system.

Edit: ah, it was the 7.0 image I was thinking of (see here), but I guess the same holds true for the 6.0 image.
(01-25-2017, 01:57 AM)Ghost Wrote: I think the corrupt card message is a known bug in Ayufan's 6.0 image, and does not affect the use of the operating system.

Edit: ah, it was the 7.0 image I was thinking of (see here), but I guess the same holds true for the 6.0 image.

Latest Ayufan release of Android 6.0 works fine to me (with before releases I had the same issue). Also Remix OS is not showing this failure message.
> I think the corrupt card message is a known bug in Ayufan's 6.0 image, and does not affect the use of the operating system.

This is fixed in all releases AFAIK.
Homepage: https://ayufan.eu

Releases:
Rock/Pro 64/Pinebook Pro: LinuxChromium OS
So/Pine A64/Pinebook: LinuxAndroid 6.0Android 7.1

Buy me a Beer
Thanks to Ayufan and Wappi for clearing that up. Time for me to try out some newer images, I think. Big Grin

So I guess the OP must be using an earlier image. CaptainCWA, do you have a url for the image you downloaded?
Thanks for the replies. I downloaded the recent 6.0 images from:
http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6..._ver_2.0.1

I used the non-rooted 32 GB and 8 GB images. (Initially the 32 GB, but then tried the 8 GB just to see if it behaved any differently.)

So the image appears to be dated 1/12/17, so only from about 2 weeks ago.

I used the "Direct Download from Pine64.org" links. I downloaded them only a few days ago.

Are there newer stable images I should be using? I didn't want to use beta images because assuming things work like I expect once I start testing it, I plan to use a Pine64 for an application I need to be reliable.
Is there a newer image I should be using?  I'm using what appears to be the latest non-beta 6.0 build posted on the OS list page.  When was the bug fixed?

If you expect it to have been fixed in this image, is there a log or something I can provide you guys that will help you identify and track it down?  If so, please tell me where it is and how to get it.

Before I spend much time really setting up this Android image and installing things, if there is a newer one that should correct the problem I'd like to install it first.

Thanks.
this will show the builds
https://jenkins.ayufan.eu/
I looked there, and the 6.0 build seems to be dated from mid-December, yet the image I downloaded was from January 12?

I'm confused.  Are the images hosted on pine64.org the latest or not?
there are 2 developers of android builds, pine64 & ayufan. i gave the ayufan build page. i have no idea if pine64 has a similar build page other than pine64.org. but it is interesting to note that no one from pine64 has attempted to help answer your questions.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with SD Card and Running Android Twistedx 0 3,495 02-26-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Twistedx
  Editing SD card simplexdan 2 3,966 02-25-2017, 12:09 PM
Last Post: simplexdan
  android image & sd card size problems tomarneson 11 17,479 01-24-2017, 05:31 AM
Last Post: ayufan
  Creating bootable SD card on Mac OS X colinj 13 20,039 01-24-2017, 03:03 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  SD card too small Error loungehound 7 12,466 01-21-2017, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Bluphire
  Corrupted SD card? Passiday 6 9,572 10-22-2016, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Ghost
  Setting up SD card and installing rooted Android using an ubuntu machine edszr.co 4 6,570 09-22-2016, 03:56 PM
Last Post: edszr.co
  Can't read SD card on Mac/Win after mounting DD Android image Voyager 3 5,428 09-04-2016, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Boring
  Image sizes too big for SD card? montero65 29 42,198 07-28-2016, 03:12 AM
Last Post: gbjensen
  W32DI won't let me burn a 16G img to a 16G card grizzogor 2 3,745 07-18-2016, 07:06 AM
Last Post: User 4127