Upgrade to 2GB in current pledge without upgrading pledge
Hi..

I am early february holiday backer with 1GB RAM and $19 pledge. I want to upgrade this to 2GB RAM without any impact to my delivery now..

can i do this without need for buying additional 2Gb boards?

Thanks
Balaji
(02-17-2016, 12:36 AM)balaji_pitchumani Wrote: Hi..

I am early february holiday backer with 1GB RAM and $19 pledge. I want to upgrade this to 2GB RAM without any impact to my delivery now..

Thanks
Balaji

This can be hard due to create a layer for job for shipping department where starts gearing up for massive delivery task.

Thanks
Balaji

Use the 'upgrade available' button on Backerkit. It is just to the right of your current pledge, at the top of the add-ons page. This allows you to upgrade your pledge without adding extra boards and does not delay shipping.
(02-24-2016, 06:37 AM)SkairkrohBule Wrote:

Thanks
Balaji

Use the 'upgrade available' button on Backerkit. It is just to the right of your current pledge, at the top of the add-ons page. This allows you to upgrade your pledge without adding extra boards and does not delay shipping.

Many many thanks for taking time to reply...I did the upgrade few days back and was hoping for good...so hurray Smile Smile Smile ...mine is closing tonight then....looking forward to it...very soon...thanks for working so nicely on this. best wishes.

Thanks
Balaji
(02-24-2016, 06:43 AM)balaji_pitchumani Wrote:
(02-24-2016, 06:37 AM)SkairkrohBule Wrote:

Thanks
Balaji

Many many thanks for taking time to reply...I did the upgrade few days back and was hoping for good...so hurray Smile Smile Smile ...mine is closing tonight then....looking forward to it...very soon...thanks for working so nicely on this. best wishes.

Thanks
Balaji
Hi,

I would just be careful.  I was a 1GB backer with an original ship date of February.  When I upgraded to 2GB, the ship date pushed to March.  Fortunately, this was clearly stated in Backer Kit and so I was warned and made the choice knowing that I would push delivery by a month.  Perhaps you won't have that experience, but that is mine.
Quote:Hi,

I would just be careful.  I was a 1GB backer with an original ship date of February.  When I upgraded to 2GB, the ship date pushed to March.  Fortunately, this was clearly stated in Backer Kit and so I was warned and made the choice knowing that I would push delivery by a month.  Perhaps you won't have that experience, but that is mine.

The vast majority of people already have a March shipping date, if not April (some even May). February backers are in the minority. So, for most people, this should not be an issue. 

Thanks for sharing your Backerkit experience, though. It makes things clearer for those that are February backers, who might be considering the 2GB upgrade.
June now and still no update on order which is Holiday Shipper originally and then upgraded to 2GB with Acrylic Open Enclosure. I am never going into kickstarter again in lifetime because of this one project.
(06-05-2016, 06:33 AM)balaji_pitchumani Wrote: June now and still no update on order which is Holiday Shipper originally and then upgraded to 2GB with Acrylic Open Enclosure. I am never going into kickstarter again in lifetime because of this one project.

Oh for the ...  Exclamation 

There is nothing wrong with kickstarter. It is a site just like any other crowdfunding site. It allows people to say... yes, I like that idea, I'd like that to happen. It is not a store. It is a place to allow ideas to become reality. Hence, when you ask for $31,416 to get your idea off the ground, and instead $1,731,465, things obviously didn't got quite the way you planned. So things take longer when you need to manufacture, test and ship a lot more of this new product than you intended. So please be patient. It will happen. It may just take a little longer than expected. It is not their fault when their manufacturing partner lets them down, and they then have to pass the delays onto you - it is just unfortunate. One project I backed took four months longer to ship than promised, another took over six months, and another indigogo project has taken 18 months (which to be honest I have given up on... but that is an strange case)... but that won't stop me from backing other cool ideas. It's not like it's the end of the world when it doesn't get shippped on time. I'm not going to turn up at their offices like some other clown did for the Chip $9 computer kickstarter project, and threaten to punch someone in the face if they don't give me my $9 project. I'd go watch some Walking Dead (or whatever) instead, and be patient!  Big Grin Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems with Kickstarter Pledge danphuong34k 1 2,920 12-27-2017, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Wizardknight
  U-boot upgrading on Pine64 checked out from public tech library kenneth558 13 16,908 03-12-2017, 02:32 PM
Last Post: kenneth558
  Pledge arrived, but missing part nexus1972 2 3,948 06-27-2016, 05:30 AM
Last Post: nexus1972
Question Need Clarification: KS Pledge Description vs. BackerKit Description MashaT22 5 7,670 03-16-2016, 05:22 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Current known limitations of Pine64 SkimMilk 9 13,074 03-01-2016, 10:22 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Upgrade to 2Gb the PINE A64+ IoT Package bluegene 3 5,645 02-10-2016, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Ghost
  Delivery of Kickstarter Pledge 841210 8 12,798 12-12-2015, 03:12 AM
Last Post: Tiszai Istvan