is mali driver exist?
i used pine64 few month ago... but there are no mali driver for linux. it just for android based os..
is the driver exist now?
thanks before
hi,  
yes, the mali driver exists; however, the hardware acceleration does not.

... we have an experimental drm kernel ;  mali is only an in memory accelerator for openGL GLES ( the gears program will look great ) but it is NOT hardware acceleration !

If you want video use Android;  atm.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
I would like to add comment that "competition" has managed to implement kind of MALI 400 3D accelaration that works also for KODI (and it is functioning well, tested).
So, my Q is is this the same implementation in Ubuntu kernel or it is some kind different.
Here is link to it: http://blog.nextthing.co/accelerate-your...etc-h-i-p/
(12-03-2016, 03:51 PM)janeku Wrote: I would like to add comment that "competition" has managed to implement kind of MALI 400 3D accelaration that works also for KODI (and it is functioning well, tested).
So, my Q is is this the same implementation in Ubuntu kernel or it is some kind different.
Here is link to it: http://blog.nextthing.co/accelerate-your...etc-h-i-p/

Its different;  we have some people working on ( particularly lennyraposo atm ) but the issue for linux is different;  and still a ways off.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
CHIP runs linux. A Debian fork with 4.4 kernel. But the the R8 SoC is quite different from the A64 SoC and I seriously doubt the driver would work on the Pine. If it did, Lenny and the lot would have implemented it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CAN bus driver ErtiWinter 1 3,100 08-27-2016, 01:03 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Debian Video Performance/"Driver" Install Fawks 8 11,093 06-15-2016, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Luke