Tomcat 7 and Guacamole - on Pine and Armbian
Well - I tried to run Apache guacamole Java applet / servlet on an NTC CHIP - gave up...

Tried it on Armbian on BananaPI - it was better - but still a bit sluggish at times.

I'm now running it on one of my Pine boards (PineA64+ 2GB) running "latest" Armbian Jessie Legacy...

It's really snappy!   I've got port forwarding from the interwebs - and I can use guacamole to get an SSH session for all the nodes I've configured using it's XML configuration file...  It will even do RDP and VNC, I've tested RDP (using XRDP) to one of my nodes - it's not really practicable over the interwebs - but nice and quick on the same LAN....

And - 2 GB board seems wasted (not even gone above 1 GB usage) - which suggests to me - those 4 cores make all the difference - and perhaps 64 bit?

I did try to run it on an RPi 3b - running Raspbian - but too many dependancies during the install so gave up.

It was really simple to get going - and I think I'll leave that PineA64+ 2GB board doing just that...   Just about given up using either of my boards for a desktop workload - mainly because of the lousy software support from the board vendor...   Got an OPi+ 2E and running Armbian with XFCE makes a much better desktop than Pine - just a shame the OPi+ doesn't have battery support (however battery support on Pine has be less than spectacular for me anyway).

Also - can report - iperf3 is reporting me getting close to 1000 mbit under Armbian!

Thanks to Igor and TKaiser for an AWESOME Linux platform to run on Arm SBCs!
Update : been up and running 19+ days now... I ended up removing the WiFi/Bluetooth "hat" - which turned out to be as useful as mammary glands on a male bovine - NEVER ever got the bluetooth going in Linux ever - $10 wasted money... oh well... $29 was pretty much wasted on Pine itself too :-)

Quite pleased with stability of Armbian running on Pine64 "headless" legacy kernel... most stable I've ever had any of this crudware from Pine working to date... THUMBS UP TO ARMBIAN!

I'm powering it directly to the headers - I might have another go with a battery as a "UPS" - but haven't had much luck with batteries and Pine...

Also - seems the 2GB model is somewhat overkill for this functionality - because it never goes over 1 GB RAM used by Java/Kernel/Apache in total...

My "other" 2 GB pine is sitting in a Lego "playbox" with 7" LCD - but haven't had any luck getting that going... But everything about Pine64 seems so flaky compared to Orange PI, Raspberry Pi, Banana Pi and NTC CHIP... everytime I hit a snag, then another one, I give up in frustration and use some other more reliable SBC...
I have failed to get Guacamole running anywhere (not true: guacd runs but pukes when I point it at a session) even when using scripts from third parties and Docker containers. Apache's documentation is ... less than clear? Is that the polite way of saying IT SUCKS? Would you detail the procedures used?

Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question PINE64 PA642GB Armbian - no Microphone plug spel 1 3,539 11-09-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: pinebug
  Armbian 22.02 Release Announcement TRS-80 0 1,891 02-28-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
Question Pine A64+ audio POT not recognized joho500 0 1,403 11-24-2021, 07:00 AM
Last Post: joho500
  Software Updates in Armbian CVBruce 1 3,907 07-10-2020, 09:07 AM
Last Post: martinayotte
  Armbian for Pine64 xalius 22 54,752 05-07-2020, 06:27 PM
Last Post: bratoff
  Armbian enable toucscreen right-click burningkrome 0 2,916 12-03-2018, 03:05 PM
Last Post: burningkrome
  PineA64+ Armbian not boot, black screen and log klode 3 7,490 10-14-2018, 04:02 AM
Last Post: evilbunny
Exclamation Armbian Bionic on Pine A64+ black screen starmagoo 11 18,760 08-06-2018, 12:35 AM
Last Post: starmagoo
  +LTS/SOPINE kivy on armbian with lcd baumbachandrew 0 3,020 05-29-2018, 10:15 PM
Last Post: baumbachandrew
  Install VNC Armbian netpr 1 5,464 08-30-2017, 07:03 PM
Last Post: vinodmenon80