Allwinner
I would prefer to know about future problems in my linux box BEFORE it ends kickstarter funding... So I am able to cancel my orders if I want...

I read updates about PINE and Allwinner president chats and meetings, but they mean nothing if all are good words without any actions...
Please, PINE crew, throw some light on this so we can take our own decisions about having a GPU uncapable Linux board...

Sorry if it sounds hard, but i intend to buy a complete board. Without GPU acceleration and GPL troubles, I'd prefer other many boards in the market.

Thanks in advance
drag00n
(01-02-2016, 05:24 PM)drag00n Wrote: I would prefer to know about future problems in my linux box BEFORE it ends kickstarter funding... So I am able to cancel my orders if I want...

I read updates about PINE and Allwinner president chats and meetings, but they mean nothing if all are good words without any actions...
Please, PINE crew, throw some light on this so we can take our own decisions about having a GPU uncapable Linux board...

Sorry if it sounds hard, but i intend to buy a complete board. Without GPU acceleration and GPL troubles, I'd prefer other many boards in the market.

Thanks in advance
drag00n

I think it's clear, for me anyway...
If you're happy with Android, or command line Linux, than you may keep your backing.
If Linux GPU acceleration is something important for you, do what i did, cancel your backing, wait for the board to come out and then reacess the situation.
I think the LattePanda board has good potential, since is x86 based and Intel made. Intel usually has very good support and documentation, so once it comes out i will be on top of if to know how Linux will work with it.
I agree Drag00n - Would be nice to get some concrete information from pine crew/allwinner

If everything was open-source this would be an awesome machine - without it, it will be hard/impossible to utilize the full potential.
(01-03-2016, 05:51 AM)nomadewolf Wrote: I think it's clear, for me anyway...
If you're happy with Android, or command line Linux, than you may keep your backing.
If Linux GPU acceleration is something important for you, do what i did, cancel your backing, wait for the board to come out and then reacess the situation.
I think the LattePanda board has good potential, since is x86 based and Intel made. Intel usually has very good support and documentation, so once it comes out i will be on top of if to know how Linux will work with it.

Yes, Yes. I agree here. At least something that is Mali T604, is what I require.