Gaming Compatibility
Guys, 

I'm having a hard time over here. I bought a A64+ 2B model of the Pine. My plan is to use it as a game emulation machine, but so far my results have been mixed. 

My Pine is running Android OS and I was curious if this is the best OS for running game emulators (specifially N64), compared to Remix OS and Linux. 

So I guess my ultimate question is: what is the optimal OS/emulator combination for emulating N64 games?

Because right now, every N64 game I've tried maxes out at 30fps. 

Thanks, 
Sean Dwyer
I am currently using Android ××0505 build (rooted) running mupen64plus as my choice for N64 games. After little to no tweaking I get a decent.
Just play around in the settings to find what you accept as playable.
I'm not sure about the support for RetroPie on the pine, but running this off a pi zero (mounted in to a nes-controller) works smoothly (the nes controller is a few buttons short, but I got it running with other gamecontrollers connected through usb).
(07-01-2016, 05:42 PM)Tarjei85 Wrote: I am currently using Android ××0505 build (rooted) running mupen64plus as my choice for N64 games. After little to no tweaking I get a decent.
Just play around in the settings to find what you accept as playable.
I'm not sure about the support for RetroPie on the pine, but running this off a pi zero (mounted in to a nes-controller) works smoothly (the nes controller is a few buttons short, but I got it running with other gamecontrollers connected through usb).

Which version of mupen64plus do you use? Thanks for the information.
I just started up my Pine A64 with 1GB RAM which arrived recently running the Android Lollipop, and I have to say I am impressed! I ran MAME4Droid on the unit along with output on HDMI, and have to say it is amazing! I have attached a pic below of my setup, where I am also using a Hori Mini Fighting Stick with the unit.

Kickstarter backer #33,414 - Hong Kong, China
That looks awesome

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Kickstarter backer #5,864  --  SBC Noob  --  SE Michigan, USA
Hi guys,

I can also confirm the Pine64 works with the Roland MT32 MIDI output! I used Hataroid to run Police Quest 2, and set it to run using the MT32 driver and checking the relevant MIDI OUT boxes. I then used a Roland UM-ONE cable to connect it all and it worked. Smile
Kickstarter backer #33,414 - Hong Kong, China
Works on my
Nintendo 64 .....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Android Gaming Image KryPtAlIvIaN 50 73,892 08-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: JessieCopeland
  Welcome to the gaming portion of the forum! KryPtAlIvIaN 4 8,879 05-22-2016, 04:10 AM
Last Post: Tarjei85
  Plans for gaming? JessicaAlba 6 11,556 01-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Last Post: taros