Plex server
(05-07-2016, 01:34 AM)swrtvrk Wrote: Has anyone else received this error?

Everyone gets this informative message (it's not even a warning since there are no arm64 packages and the whole thing is adding the armhf architecture and using these packages instead -- using 32 bit packages on a 64 bit distro) and why don't you trust in instructions that are confirmed to work by several people already?
I'm getting the same issue as swrtvrk. Also when I attempt:

apt-get install --no-install-recommends plexmediaserver-installer

I get Package 'plexmediaserver-installer:armhf' has no installation candidate
(05-07-2016, 02:00 AM)paulh77 Wrote: I'm getting the same issue as swrtvrk.

Informative messages given by the package management software are considered 'issues' and 'errors'. And some moderator moved this whole 'follow stupid step-by-step instructions' thread into 'Linux development' forum.

Yes, I read that. But what about the no installation candidate when trying to install Plex?

Update: Looks like the binutils:armhf hadn't installed as the binutils was already there.

I performed a apt-get -f install to correct dependencies and then installed binutils:armhf

I then downloaded the plexmediaserver-installer.deb from the devday repository and used dpkg to install it.
(05-07-2016, 02:17 AM)paulh77 Wrote: what about the no installation candidate when trying to install Plex?

Impossible to answer questions like this since we have the following situation:

- there exists one Debian based original OS image. That's longsleep's Ubuntu Xenial image featuring correct versioning and tools to keep everything up to date.

- there exist countless manipulated/crappy other Debian based OS images with no or weird version info in the meantime and no one knows what has been changed there.

So it's simply impossible to answer any software related questions like that any more. Since the Pine64 folks flooded the software download section of their wiki with weird/broken stuff.

Good to hear you got it working. Unfortunately that might be of no help to others since they might use a different OS image variant that throws other errors (the message you posted first was neither an error nor a warning but just 'as expected' since the added repo contains no arm64 stuff)
Thanks a lot, you just saved me a lot of wasted time.

(05-02-2016, 11:28 AM)tkaiser Wrote:
Code:
sudo su -
wget -O - https://dev2day.de/pms/dev2day-pms.gpg.key | apt-key add -
echo "deb https://dev2day.de/pms/ jessie main" >/etc/apt/sources.list.d/pms.list
dpkg --add-architecture armhf
apt-get update
apt-get install binutils:armhf
apt-get install --no-install-recommends plexmediaserver-installer

works on longsleep's original Ubuntu image. But forget about transcoding, Pine64 is not a fast Intel box Smile

I installed plex on the "official" Xubuntu image. Before installing Plex, I had to also:

Code:
sudo apt-get install apt-transport-https

since it wasn't downloading the jessie sources.
(05-07-2016, 07:27 AM)greig Wrote: I installed plex on the "official" Xubuntu image

Why do people do that? This image is a bad/manipulated one and nothing one could call "official". It causes various troubles especially when you want to use your board as server: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?t...79#pid8179
I can't remember whether installation of apt-transport-https was necessary with longsleep's real Ubuntu image or whether I had done that already when installing RPi-Monitor (which is always a great idea when you want to get the idea how a server behaves).
I installed it because it's the first thing that crops up on the wiki. The wiki itself is the first thing that crops up on google and one of the most documented guides.

On another note, I've found Remix OS to be much faster. It plays 1080p smoothly whereas xubuntu couldn't play 720p. I  am now trying to get it working there.

Thankfully the Plex Android App can be used as a server as well. I confirmed this with another android device.

My issue now is that Plex on remix doesn't recognize local files. It could be possible to hack it by moving files to /data/data/com.plexapp.android/app_sync (note: this is the path on a stock android, not remix). All meta files are json/xml and easy to create. However, that path requires root privileges, so I need to root remix as well.

It's late now, I'm hoping someone might have a better idea.
(05-07-2016, 04:34 PM)greig Wrote: I installed it because it's the first thing that crops up on the wiki. The wiki itself is the first thing that crops up on google and one of the most documented guides.

Thx for confirmation of the real issue. So even if forum mods here try to do their best they and all the users are lost since Pine64 people f*ck it up again and again.
I've just tried with all images, Xubuntu, Debian and arch. None of them can install plex. Ubuntu and Debian says
N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-arm64/Packages' as repository 'https://dev2day.de/pms jessie InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'arm64'

Arch linux doesn't have plex for aarch64...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mastodon instance \ Nextcloud Server fearg 1 4,526 03-31-2020, 08:18 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Turn your Pine64 into a music server with mpd JulianM 2 10,966 03-23-2017, 10:50 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Plex server arghne 48 52,354 03-22-2017, 04:15 AM
Last Post: pineadmin
  Pine64 as NAS/Media Server VandaL.pr! 1 6,127 12-27-2016, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Luke
  3d printer server oldsmarracin 3 5,483 09-13-2016, 02:43 AM
Last Post: JAYJAYN
  Cannot install Plex Media Server under Arch Linux malevolent 2 5,502 09-11-2016, 12:20 PM
Last Post: ChrisLane
  Building Stratum One NTP Server lospinos 5 8,685 08-23-2016, 09:23 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Starbound Server. Is the Pine64 capable? iamfallen 1 3,895 08-03-2016, 10:36 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
Brick Minecraft Server chrislink14 16 28,811 05-06-2016, 08:03 AM
Last Post: jeremycobert
  Media server montero65 3 6,006 04-28-2016, 06:02 PM
Last Post: queonda