mbed OS
Hi Everyone,

What do you guys think about we add support to mbedOS from ARM ??

I was at ARM TEchcon and saw it. It would definitely great to have support for it. I'll request to create a forum entry and will start working on it. My first priority would be to add BSP, since then you can access the site and work from the cloud.

mbed OS Developer Site
mBed OS is for bare-metal programming, for micro-controllers with low Flash/RAM space, such Cortex-M0 to Cortex-M3, like STM32F405 or LXP1768.
There is not much advantage to use mBed on AllWinner A64 equipped with 2GB of RAM while running Linux.
I don't see either when you said "My first priority would be to add BSP", mBed isn't on top of a Linux, it stands by itself as I said as bere-metal.
Of course, you can use Pine64 as a development desktop, but the produced binaries would be executed on those Cortex-M3 or whatever.
(10-28-2016, 08:18 AM)martinayotte Wrote: mBed OS is for bare-metal programming, for micro-controllers with low Flash/RAM space, such Cortex-M0 to Cortex-M3, like STM32F405 or LXP1768.....

there is a A53 board running mbedOS, the OS is an alternative to Linux in fact (Linux kernel is bare-metal), by BSP in mbedOS as in a great number of OSes like Windriver RTOS (VxWorks) you need to create a BSP for every specific board you design, in our case the BSP to support the PINE64, if you check the developer site, some suppliers added publically the BSP files for mbedOS, on the developers site.

Anyway is up to me to start or not supporting PINE64 on mbedOS. I was just pooling to figure out if it will be worthy the time.
Quote:What do you guys think about we add support to mbedOS from ARM ??
I think it's great.
I know few about mbed so far, but I am working on my UEFI project and it would be interesting to use this OS as a payload for the FW. It should be definitely easier with this respect than linux. Now I am messing around with armv7 but armv8 is also of interest, and I have Pine64 board as a target item, so, I am looking forward to try out your port. wish success. Smile
ANT - my hobby OS for x86 and ARM.
(10-28-2016, 01:54 PM)lvcargnini Wrote:
(10-28-2016, 08:18 AM)martinayotte Wrote: mBed OS is for bare-metal programming, for micro-controllers with low Flash/RAM space, such Cortex-M0 to Cortex-M3, like STM32F405 or LXP1768.....

there is a A53 board running mbedOS, the OS is an alternative to Linux in fact (Linux kernel is bare-metal), by BSP in mbedOS as in a great number of OSes like Windriver RTOS (VxWorks) you need to create a BSP for every specific board you design, in our case the BSP to support the PINE64, if you check the developer site, some suppliers added publically the BSP files for mbedOS, on the developers site.

Anyway is up to me to start or not supporting PINE64 on mbedOS. I was just pooling to figure out if it will be worthy the time.

You are welcome to try out mbed porting on PINE64. However, we are currently working with chip vendor on the mbed porting for PADI IoT stamp which has Cortex M3.