Dirty Cow Patch
Brick 
Does anyone know if there have been any patches to the kernel Debian Jessie 3.10.102 for the "Dirty Cow" exploit?
I've done the usual "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" , but don't know if there has been a patch applied for this bug. Huh
Are you using your pine as a web server ? (if not, the I wouldn't worry all too much). Second, I believe that longsleep's kernel from last week already patched it ?

From IRC:

07:50:44    @longsleep | I am reading dirty cow patch for Pine64, it is long done - see my Kernel release from last week

[edit] run the kernel update script in: /usr/local/sbin
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(10-27-2016, 12:00 PM)Luke Wrote: Are you using your pine as a web server ? (if not, the I wouldn't worry all too much). Second, I believe that longsleep's kernel from last week already patched it ?

From IRC:

07:50:44    @longsleep | I am reading dirty cow patch for Pine64, it is long done - see my Kernel release from last week

[edit] run the kernel update script in: /usr/local/sbin

Thanks for the info Luke. Running the kernel update script now.

Yeah not really running any webservers on the Pine, however I like to keep things secure for safety sake. In the future I may decide to host a server on this device. For now I just use it as a device to learn Linux.
FYI TidBits, the pine does surprisingly well as a web server, granted you don't expect heavy traffic Smile
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter