DVI issue
I have a monitor that I can use with Raspberry Pi with a HDMI (at side of RPi) to DVI (at side of monitor) cable. However, with PINE64 with longsleep's Ubuntu, this does not work. No image appears. Should this work? if so, how do I debug this?
(10-24-2016, 04:37 PM)Pander Wrote: I have a monitor that I can use with Raspberry Pi with a HDMI (at side of RPi) to DVI (at side of monitor) cable. However, with PINE64 with longsleep's Ubuntu, this does not work. No image appears. Should this work? if so, how do I debug this?

Have you read this thread? You can check to see if your monitor's resolution is supported.
(10-24-2016, 06:54 PM)Ghost Wrote:
(10-24-2016, 04:37 PM)Pander Wrote: I have a monitor that I can use with Raspberry Pi with a HDMI (at side of RPi) to DVI (at side of monitor) cable. However, with PINE64 with longsleep's Ubuntu, this does not work. No image appears. Should this work? if so, how do I debug this?

Have you read this thread? You can check to see if your monitor's resolution is supported.

Yes, and the monitor is 1920x1080 and works when I hook it up via a HDMI-HDMI cable. It has three inputs (VGA, DVI and HDMI). It works when I use HDMI for my laptop and DVI for Raspberry Pi, bu that doesn't not work with PINE64 in its place.
(10-25-2016, 04:36 AM)Pander Wrote:
(10-24-2016, 06:54 PM)Ghost Wrote:

Yes, and the monitor is 1920x1080 and works when I hook it up via a HDMI-HDMI cable. It has three inputs (VGA, DVI and HDMI). It works when I use HDMI for my laptop and DVI for Raspberry Pi, bu that doesn't not work with PINE64 in its place.

In short, HDMI -> DVI rarely works, and when it does it usually yields messed up colours. If you want need to connect your pine via HDMI->DVI then use the drm kernel (not a guarantee that it will work).
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter