Corrupted SD card?
I have burned the latest available Android 7.0 image (android-7.0-pine-a64-v1.7-r54.img) on my fresh Samsung EVO Plus 64GB SD card, and it boots fine and extends the 4th partition to the end of the available space nicely.

But there is one glitch, right after I get to the home screen: it says the SD card is corrupt. And I am afraid that's a lie, because it says to also with two other cards.

Attached are the screenshots (well, photos of projector images) with notification list and the Settings/Storage view.

I shutted the Android down properly (hold down the Power button, confirm by clicking on the menu item on the screen), but now it does not boot up anymore - it has a brief moment when it gives something out over the HDMI (black screen), but then it switches off immediately.

There are no devices attached to it, and the power should really be enough - it operated with no problems at first boot (except that notification about the corrupted SD card).

Is this anything known, or I alone am experiencing this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi. I think there was a mention of the corrupt SD card message being a known bug on the main Android 7.0 thread, but I can't find it right now. I get that message also, but am able to use the OS just fine.
(10-22-2016, 06:53 AM)Ghost Wrote: Hi. I think there was a mention of the corrupt SD card message being a known bug on the main Android 7.0 thread, but I can't find it right now. I get that message also, but am able to use the OS just fine.

Does it reboot for you with no problems? And the Corrupt SD card notification is just constantly there for you, also after reboot?

Since I could not boot up Pine64 after shutdown, I burned the image anew, and then (instead of booting it up on Pine) launched GParted to see if it has anything to say about the BOOT partition. At the partition list it did not have any warnings, but when doing the check on the BOOT partition, it have me this error (attached screenshot). I have no idea if this error is somehow related to the notification in the Android about the corrupted SD card, and whether it is related to the boot problems after Android is shut down.

I can check the contents of that partition on my Ubuntu without any issues - open the files, etc.

UPDATE:

Ok, I've diagnosed the startup problem, and here are the steps to reproduce it:
- Do proper shutdown with the Power button (needs to be confirmed on the screen)
- Let the Pine64 power off
- Try to power on by holding the Power button
- The red LED light on the board lights up for about 5 seconds, there's a HDMI signal showing black screen
- The red LED turns off, HDMI signal is lost
- Can repeat the last 2 steps ad nauseum, nothing changes. Distonnecting/connecting the power cable does not change things.

How I manage to start:
- Pop out the SD card
- Power the board up by holding the power button
- The red LED light lights up, but does not go down. There's no HDMI signal
- Disconnect the power, the LED light goes off
- Push in the SD card
- Reconnect the power, now it boots up!

So, it seems, there's a problem of booting up after proper shutdown! The "Corrupt SD card" notification, however, never disappears.

Perhaps it's a bug, but at least I can now start up my Pine64 more than once.

Now the only thing left is to understand where to copy my large files (ie, movie and audio library) so that they are normally accessible from the Android. Its not exactly clear where is the right location (attached file manager screenshot).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I know Gparted takes issue with overlapping partitions present in some Android builds, not sure if that is a factor here or not.

Also, far as I know, unless you have a battery attached, trying to power on the Pine via the power button won't work. Again, not sure if this is true of all OS's, but it is certainly true of some. I can't boot Android 7.0 by simply pressing the power button, only by removing and reinserting the power cable, or powering off and back on at the wall socket. If I try to power on via the power button, the red led light will come on for a few seconds and then go off again, as you described.
(10-22-2016, 11:31 AM)Ghost Wrote: I know Gparted takes issue with overlapping partitions present in some Android builds, not sure if that is a factor here or not.

Also, far as I know, unless you have a battery attached, trying to power on the Pine via the power button won't work. Again, not sure if this is true of all OS's, but it is certainly true of some. I can't boot Android 7.0 by simply pressing the power button, only by removing and reinserting the power cable, or powering off and back on at the wall socket. If I try to power on via the power button, the red led light will come on for a few seconds and then go off again, as you described.

So, you power off a live Android session? That feels so brutal, can't be without dire consequences, if the system is in process of saving some files.
Yes, this is known bug. Ayufan is working on it.
(10-22-2016, 01:52 PM)Passiday Wrote:
(10-22-2016, 11:31 AM)Ghost Wrote: I know Gparted takes issue with overlapping partitions present in some Android builds, not sure if that is a factor here or not.

So, you power off a live Android session? That feels so brutal, can't be without dire consequences, if the system is in process of saving some files.

No. Powering off using the power button and the software shutdown menu is fine, but you can't power the Pine on using the button. As described, if you try to do so, the red led lights up briefly before going out again.

To reiterate, you should always do a soft shutdown (short press of power button, close using the software menu) and not turn the unit off by simply yanking out the power cable or long-pressing the power button.

The point I was making was that once the Pine has been safely and correctly shut down, in order to get it to boot again, I have to either remove the power cable and re-connect it, or more simply turn off the power at the wall socket and then turn it back on again.

(10-22-2016, 03:13 PM)Pepe Wrote: Yes, this is known bug. Ayufan is working on it.

Hey Pepe. Yes, I thought so. Many thanks for linking it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with SD Card and Running Android Twistedx 0 3,542 02-26-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Twistedx
  Corrupt SD Card? CaptainCWA 13 16,830 06-04-2017, 08:01 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Editing SD card simplexdan 2 4,002 02-25-2017, 12:09 PM
Last Post: simplexdan
  android image & sd card size problems tomarneson 11 17,710 01-24-2017, 05:31 AM
Last Post: ayufan
  Creating bootable SD card on Mac OS X colinj 13 20,276 01-24-2017, 03:03 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  SD card too small Error loungehound 7 12,633 01-21-2017, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Bluphire
  Setting up SD card and installing rooted Android using an ubuntu machine edszr.co 4 6,648 09-22-2016, 03:56 PM
Last Post: edszr.co
  Can't read SD card on Mac/Win after mounting DD Android image Voyager 3 5,502 09-04-2016, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Boring
  Android Marshmallow SDK is corrupted Terra854 1 2,980 08-24-2016, 01:33 PM
Last Post: NGC6691
  Image sizes too big for SD card? montero65 29 42,738 07-28-2016, 03:12 AM
Last Post: gbjensen