Geographical location setting
My Google-Fu must be weak today. With a lot of help from the forum I have at least temporarily got the Play Store running, and down loaded & installed UKTV Play. All good EXCEPT that UKTV Play does not think I am in the UK and I should change device settings accordingly. But I can't find any settings that DON'T think I am in the UK. Am I missing something obvious ? I am set for the UK time zone & Google knows where I am  :-)
When new technology rolls over, you are either part of the steam roller... or part of the road.
(10-20-2016, 05:45 AM)Jessica Spongekipper Wrote: My Google-Fu must be weak today. With a lot of help from the forum I have at least temporarily got the Play Store running, and down loaded & installed UKTV Play. All good EXCEPT that UKTV Play does not think I am in the UK and I should change device settings accordingly. But I can't find any settings that DON'T think I am in the UK. Am I missing something obvious ? I am set for the UK time zone & Google knows where I am  :-)

Obviously time and TZ are important... but also perhaps your IP address ?

... are you using a VPN so that it looks like your IP host is elsewhere ( like you were hiding? ) I do this deliberately at times to look like I'm in London ( for instance ) when I'm really still sitting here is Minnesota !
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(10-21-2016, 04:15 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(10-20-2016, 05:45 AM)Jessica Spongekipper Wrote: My Google-Fu must be weak today. With a lot of help from the forum I have at least temporarily got the Play Store running, and down loaded & installed UKTV Play. All good EXCEPT that UKTV Play does not think I am in the UK and I should change device settings accordingly. But I can't find any settings that DON'T think I am in the UK. Am I missing something obvious ? I am set for the UK time zone & Google knows where I am  :-)

... are you using a VPN so that it looks like your IP host is elsewhere ( like you were hiding? )  I do this deliberately at times to look like I'm in London ( for instance ) when I'm really still sitting here is Minnesota !

Standard UK type address and UK based provider. And no VPN   :-) Only seems to be a problem with the Pine. Works fine on my 'phone.
When new technology rolls over, you are either part of the steam roller... or part of the road.
(10-22-2016, 03:44 AM)Jessica Spongekipper Wrote:
(10-21-2016, 04:15 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:

... are you using a VPN so that it looks like your IP host is elsewhere ( like you were hiding? )  I do this deliberately at times to look like I'm in London ( for instance ) when I'm really still sitting here is Minnesota !

Standard UK type address and UK based provider. And no VPN   :-) Only seems to be a problem with the Pine. Works fine on my 'phone.

Did you figure this out eventually? I'm in the same bother.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hulu and location Dagur 2 3,922 08-04-2017, 02:58 AM
Last Post: Dagur
  How to Setting Proxy Server in Android x-86 Kitkat, Lollipop and Marshmallow deniyulianti 1 3,963 01-15-2017, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Ferio
  Setting up SD card and installing rooted Android using an ubuntu machine edszr.co 4 6,645 09-22-2016, 03:56 PM
Last Post: edszr.co