Stepping out on a limb here...
Why is Pine64+ such a great "fumante secchio di merda di cane"?

It really is a "pezzo di merda"...  Just when I get everything going the way I want - the F--KING hardware lets me down...

Had it running DietPI with a battery and hooked up to my Motorola Lapdock...  got all the software I wanted running sweet (Chromium, Qute, Synergy)...

Now it HARDLY ever powers on - the power LED will come on then it will go off...   When it is running - if I pull the power - EVEN with a LIPO battery connected to either the BAT in JST connector or via the EULER bus - it just shuts off...  Even if it's been UP for hours and I pull the power, it dies in its arse...  The battery should have charged up by now...  I'm going to re-wire the 2 batteries I've been testing (2000 mAh and 2500 mAh) and see if they run NTC CHIP and charge up okay on there - just so I can prove them as "GOOD KNOWN BATTERIES"!

It won't power on connected to the lapdock...  CHIP and Banana LOVE the Lapdock!

I did manage to get it to power up and stay on earlier today - by running a PLOX USB charger into it, then charging the PLOX from the Lapdock...

I just powered it down so I see if it will run on battery after being on for several hours - and also so KI could try another battery - and no!  It won't power up (or stay on) at ALL!

I'm also going to rig up some USB to EULER CHG in wires tonight...  I suspect there's something vile and stinking and putrescently DEAD in my Pine64...   I get pretty much exactly the same symptoms on my other pine board too...  But the one I'm using now is mounted inside the Zebra C4 "tall" case with a heatsink on the A64 chip...

Well there ya go!  I just got it to power on and stay on connected to the PLOX USB powerbank (that's all it's connected to)...  This "MERDA" feels like black magic half the time....  These things are SO FLAKY!  I'd NEVER run any production workload on them... they're UTTER RUBBISH!

NTC CHIP is rock solid - I've had one of them with continuous uptime over 150 days!  Yeah I'd run production workloads on CHIP!

If you hadn't guessed yet - I have a love/hate (mostly passionate HATRED) relationship with my Pine boards!

This may be purely anecdotal - but it seems if I leave it off for a bit... and disconnected from everything...

Then power it up with JUST the plox power it - wait some arbitrary period of time for it to boot up... then hook up peripherals - HDMI and USB for display and keyboard/mouse - it works... but not always... that's why it seems like black magic...

FFS! These things are SO SHODDY!
(09-29-2016, 03:32 AM)UnixOutlaw Wrote: Why is Pine64+ such a great "fumante secchio di merda di cane"?

It really is a "pezzo di merda"...  Just when I get everything going the way I want - the F--KING hardware lets me down...

This minor rebuke is public because you have failed to adhere to previous requests to keep your posts clean;  no one wants to read your filthy metaphors ( even if they are cloaked in Italian ). Please be considerate of our members sensitivities ; its ok to be critical of Pine Inc, and their products, but its not ok to be verbally abusive. Please edit your own post above; I will edit mine when you are finished.

(09-29-2016, 03:32 AM)UnixOutlaw Wrote: Now it HARDLY ever powers on - the power LED will come on then it will go off...   

<snip>

If you hadn't guessed yet - I have a love/hate (mostly passionate HATRED) relationship with my Pine boards!

You are not powering your pine boards properly; consequently, you are having an enormouse amount of difficulty. You might try powering the pine board from the euler bus pin(4 5v+) and pin(6 ground -) with a good 5.1v 2.5A  ( 2500ma ) switching power supply.  The DCIN subformum recommends a couple PSU(s) which are acceptable. You might also try filtering your power DCIN input; the DCIN subforum details how.

If the red light goes out this is an indication that the PMIC is not supplying the proper voltage ( or clean voltage ) to the GPU. This is almost always the result of not powering the pine board with an adequate supply via the euler bus.  The micro usb adapter is not sufficient to power the pine board;  this has been proven over and over... if you continue to try to power the pine board with the usb connector or via your lapdoc, you will continue to have trouble.  If you power the board properly, your troubles will subside.

Please see:

http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=1982

http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=1981
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
And in addition to what Marcus has said about Euler power, another thing to remember (I have to repeat this again as I can't be certain from your post that you'd done it) is that if you do NOT connect the middle/temperature sense of the battery via a 10k resistor to GND (or via a 10K thermistor), the pine64 will NOT charge the battery. And even when it does charge, it seems to charge very slowly - my board always charges at around 400ma (unless I am a bit sneaky about starting it with no SD card to make it just charge using defaults)... so a completely flat 2000 mah battery probably take over 5 hours to charge... 

What happens if you download and run this script? What does it report about your battery?