TP Cable Extension
Anybody know if any such thing exists? Probably not as I'm the first to ask about such a novel idea.

Matt
+1 me if I have helped you in any way. Thank you.
hi Matt, yes, you'll want to search for FFC | FPC ribbon and connectors: mouser carries them, and others...

http://www.mouser.com/Wire-Cable/FFC-FPC..._/N-ad930/

Cheers
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
What size cable do I need? I do not have mine anymore to reference.
(09-09-2016, 11:13 PM)Bluphire Wrote: What size cable do I need? I do not have mine anymore to reference.

Why then do you care?

... its a six (6) connector cable.
marcushh777    Cool

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
I care because when I get my pine, battery and LCD back from Dustin at C4 Labs (hopefully with a C4 LCD enclosure), I would like to have a longer TP cable to help with installation. I've powered on and used my LCD, but I just hate how short the TP cable was.

Can you provide a direct link to the cable i would need, there are more that 20 pages o sift through on the mouser link.
Yes, BluPhire, the mouser site (and others like digikey) are a search engine; you provide the specs you are interested in, and the search engine narrows the list of products available for you to chose from. What you're interested in here is a six conductor FFC | FPC cable (and connector adapter) ; there are lots of sites where these cables and connectors are available-- mouser is just one I stumbled over.
marcushh777    Cool

(09-10-2016, 10:21 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: Yes, BluPhire, the mouser site (and others like digikey) are a search engine;  you provide the specs you are interested in, and the search engine narrows the list of products available for you to chose from. What you're interested in here is a six conductor FFC | FPC cable (and connector adapter) ;  there are lots of sites where these cables and connectors are available-- mouser is just one I stumbled over.

would this work Marcus?
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en...ND/3280947
(09-10-2016, 10:34 AM)Bluphire Wrote:
(09-10-2016, 10:21 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: Yes, BluPhire, the mouser site (and others like digikey) are a search engine;  you provide the specs you are interested in, and the search engine narrows the list of products available for you to chose from. What you're interested in here is a six conductor FFC | FPC cable (and connector adapter) ;  there are lots of sites where these cables and connectors are available-- mouser is just one I stumbled over.

would this work Marcus?
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en...ND/3280947

Yes, that looks about right, you'll need an adapter (to fasten the two cables together) and you'll want to double check the pitch (cable connector spacing) to make sure they will fit... 
(measure twice, cut once)
marcushh777    Cool

what pitch is needed for this application? I'm overwhelmed looking for the adapter, any help?
(09-10-2016, 10:54 AM)Bluphire Wrote: what pitch is needed for this application? I'm overwhelmed looking for the adapter, any help?

There is nothing overwhelming about engineering;  just break the problem down into byte sized pieces, plan, do the math, execute.

The responsibility for the specs and planning is yours.  When I measure the connector it is 3.5mm wide and the pitch is 0.5 mm  (this is fairly standard)   (I'm actually measureing my tp connector)

In other words, if you were to lay a clear mm scale on the cable looking down at the connectors the mm markings on the scale would line up with every other connector pattern. The connector's 'pitch' is 0.5 mm from center to center. 

Hope this helps you.
marcushh777    Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  playbox case ribbon cable too short pinoosh 7 12,114 02-22-2019, 03:24 AM
Last Post: GaryFunk
  ABS Playbox came with no extension cable? kenhawkins 4 6,133 09-12-2016, 02:47 PM
Last Post: echild