DMG/Classic Gameboy Enclosure!? n_n'
(02-17-2016, 10:43 AM)Gearsoul Wrote: Oh! Actually I haven't seen the news for them, but I buy from Geek(Wish re-skin) and a few times now I've seen comments/feedback left about things catching on fire! =0c

Size, according to a quick google: "Measures approximately 4" x 2" x 5" when closed"

As to vents.... There's a small vent on the back? Perhaps I could sand the battery compartment smooth and then carve/drill a larger vent in a suited style into it?

(Photo)

I've just realised what you mean by hover boards.... Those things have WHEELS and they should never have been allowed to call them hover boards! 'XD

Oh, I should point out the battery compartment visible in that photo is actually the much smaller backup battery compartment! I was referring to the main one, which is about four times the size.

This case would be for the handheld, rather than the PlayBox unit. Just a little 'bare bones' version to read on, though fitting in a speaker -- which is actually what that thing I presumed was a vent is? -- would be awesome.

If I slip the pine board in, carve out a hole for the screen, what else do I need to include? Well, as it's the handheld, it'll need a battery. Maybe forego the speaker in favour of a headphone jack to keep as much room in there for them to breathe?

You're right - those things are not true hoverboards at all!

As for the Harry Potter case, it might juuust about be big enough, though the longest part of the Pine is slightly over 5 inches, so you may struggle to get it all in there. The two inches height and four inches width should be more than enough, however.

What you'll need for a handheld? Do you basically mean a custom tablet style thing, or a gaming handheld? 

But yes, you'll need a battery and a screen at least.
Ah, well, one measurement said 5 inches the other said 5.5 so I went with the smaller one... I don't have something to measure with right now, so it'll have to wait until morning... well, later in the morning Tongue

I was thinking more reading and listening to music. Gaming would be nice, too, though. I suppose if I set it up as a mini-tablet, that would cover all my bases, digital art, too.

Kinda like a mix between my 3DS and my phone, minus phone functionality? Ideally it would basically be the portable version of my PlayBox unit so I could leave the 'large' 7-inch thing at home and take the vaguely-but-not-really-pocket-sized handheld with me when I go out.

But then, the preview image in BackerKit for the PlayBox enclosure looked rather flat... Whereas before it had an incline that functioned as a built-in stand. This made it more bulky, awkward to pack into bags.

If it's flat now, then I might just try and take an *actual* book and convert it into a large enough enclosure to house the Pine in and just take the 7-inch with me. It's not so big as to warrant a handheld unit if it's no longer the awkward-for-transport shape it was. I only wish the book of spells was large enough to be used with the screen that came with my tier :/

... I'll have to use a blank book. I'm not sure I could bring myself to wreck a real book...

Well, this is damn nice :/ --- http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/klever...-of-spells

I wonder... *shrugs* Could I fit all the Pine materials for a handheld into a slim enough enclosure to fit in this? :0c It's pretty damn nice and basically exactly what I'm trying to create, other than being merely a 'skin' that still requires Pine to be in a case.
(02-17-2016, 11:14 AM)Gearsoul Wrote: Ah, well, one measurement said 5 inches the other said 5.5 so I went with the smaller one... I don't have something to measure with right now, so it'll have to wait until morning... well, later in the morning Tongue

I was thinking more reading and listening to music. Gaming would be nice, too, though. I suppose if I set it up as a mini-tablet, that would cover all my bases, digital art, too.

Kinda like a mix between my 3DS and my phone, minus phone functionality? Ideally it would basically be the portable version of my PlayBox unit so I could leave the 'large' 7-inch thing at home and take the vaguely-but-not-really-pocket-sized handheld with me when I go out.

But then, the preview image in BackerKit for the PlayBox enclosure looked rather flat... Whereas before it had an incline that functioned as a built-in stand. This made it more bulky, awkward to pack into bags.

If it's flat now, then I might just try and take an *actual* book and convert it into a large enough enclosure to house the Pine in and just take the 7-inch with me. It's not so big as to warrant a handheld unit if it's no longer the awkward-for-transport shape it was. I only wish the book of spells was large enough to be used with the screen that came with my tier :/

... I'll have to use a blank book. I'm not sure I could bring myself to wreck a real book...

Well, this is damn nice :/ --- http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/klever...-of-spells

I wonder... *shrugs* Could I fit all the Pine materials for a handheld into a slim enough enclosure to fit in this? :0c It's pretty damn nice and basically exactly what I'm trying to create, other than being merely a 'skin' that still requires Pine to be in a case.

Haha, you really don't like wrecking stuff, do you? Nothing wrong with that, I guess... Smile

As for that kindle book of spells cover, yeah, it might work. Depends on how deep it is, really. Width and height-wise, it looks fine.
Yeah, looking at the spine of the cover, it seems pretty deep. And there's a generic 7-inch tablet option that avoids the, admittedly nice, corner straps that might inhibit a particularly deep tablet:

"Size 2 - Has a reusable infinity stick suction patch that holds most tablets with 7 inch screen like glue but leaves no residue:"
This thread is long since defunct, but I just wanted to let Gearsoul know that I did finish the PineBoy A64 case:

[Image: 7n42qOm.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video 7" LCD wooden framen enclosure for Pine64 *UPDATED WITH killor 12 19,503 10-12-2018, 03:08 PM
Last Post: tllim
Lightbulb Perfect ABS Plastic Server Enclosure from Radio Shack MarkHaysHarris777 14 33,590 09-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Last Post: stuartiannaylor
Rainbow (Cluster) Modified Playbox Enclosure Progress predominant 3 5,338 06-17-2017, 01:29 AM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Nostalgic enclosure VHS carlo318 4 7,387 03-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Last Post: carlo318
  How is the battery Supposed to be mounted in the PlayBox enclosure? dbarbee 2 5,594 02-12-2017, 10:17 PM
  Enclosure for flush-mounting the 7" touchscreen Learnincurve 9 12,759 02-07-2017, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Bluphire
  Official C4 Labs LCD Enclosure *UPDATED WITH ASSEMBLY VIDEO* Bluphire 12 24,604 01-06-2017, 03:15 AM
Last Post: Learnincurve
  Tablet Enclosure Vachtra 11 19,602 12-20-2016, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Toriless
Rainbow PineA64 Home-Brew card-board Play Box for Android & LCD Enclosure MarkHaysHarris777 9 18,775 11-01-2016, 06:23 PM
  White box plastic enclosure clawinus 3 6,494 10-13-2016, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Bluphire