LCD works only when Wifi Module not installed
Hey guys.

After hours of reformatting the card with different versions and trying different things I finally got my LCD screen to display Andriod. All it took was for me to remove the WIFI module and start it up and poof the LCD started right up. But this things a paper weight if I can't get it on a network so I turned it off and put the WIFI module back on making sure that 13,14,15, 16 all lines up correctly, I even saw on another post a how to on installing the wifi module so I know that it's on there correctly. The LCD screen wont come on while the WIFI module is attached, the red light on the pine will blink but nothing on the LCD, as soon as I turn the pine off and remove the module, boom works perfect again. I am using the power supply that came with the pine in the kickstarter 5v 2a. Anyone have any suggestions or help, or is this just a bad wifi module? 

PS, I accidently had the WIFI module flipped around and the numbers not aligned and the LCD turned on, i got really excited but Andriod didnt recognize the module, i'm guessing because it was like it wasn't even installed. 

Thanks in advance.
(09-03-2016, 02:50 AM)nesalot Wrote: Hey guys.

After hours of reformatting the card with different versions and trying different things I finally got my LCD screen to display Andriod. All it took was for me to remove the WIFI module and start it up and poof the LCD started right up. Buut this things a paper weight if I cant get it on a network so I turned it off and put the WIFI module back on making sure that 13,14,15, 16 all lines up correctly, I even saw on another post a how to on installing the wifi module so I know that it on their correctly. The LCD screen wont even come on while the WIFI module is attached, the red light on the pine will blink but nothing on the LCD, as soon as I turn the pine off and remove the module, boom works perfect again. I am using the power supply that came with the pine in the kickstarter. Anyone have any suggestions or help, or is this just a bad wifi module? 

PS, I accidently had the WIFI module flipped around and the numbers not aligned and the LCD turned on, i got really excited but Andriod didnt recognize the module, i'm guessing because it was like it wasn't even installed. 

Thanks in advance.

Hmm. It could be a power draw issue, that the supplied PSU cannot support both the Pine and the LCD touchscreen (which would be a bit of an oversight).

See also this similar thread, though it has no resolution.

My suggestions would be to try the official 5V 2.5A power supply meant for the Raspberry Pi 3 or try powering the Pine and connected touchscreen via the Euler Bus, though this process is somewhat more involved.
I'm not sure what else to guess at this point other then

1) not enough power
2) bad wifi module

I think my next step would be to do like you said and try a 2.5A power supply like the one you posted, i'll drop by a computer store in town to see if they have anything that will work. Also since i have never been able to confirm the wifi module even works I might just buy an extra storage card to do a hdmi version ( so I don't loose the LCD version that seems to be working ) just so i can confirm that the wifi module works or not.

Unless anyone else has any ideas.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  USB adapter to eMMC module not recognized danril 0 1,235 11-25-2022, 04:16 AM
Last Post: danril
  SOQUARTZ Compute module W does not fit Raspberry Pi CM4 dev board ihab 0 1,483 10-06-2022, 08:46 PM
Last Post: ihab
  No WIFI network discovery in any manjaro installation (but works on fedora) pineitup 1 2,827 02-02-2021, 12:13 AM
Last Post: PineSupporter
  Cannot charge and NO Wifi? jiapei100 3 5,362 06-27-2020, 02:11 PM
Last Post: jiapei100
Bug WiFi enabled but refuses to connect cardboardmaster 6 7,617 06-02-2020, 11:56 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
  WiFi issues Pinebook Pro sunnystormy 6 8,859 05-28-2020, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Luke
  wifi issues george2524 9 10,573 06-13-2019, 04:25 PM
Last Post: evilbunny
  Getting z-wave module working under ubuntu marcosti 6 11,798 02-10-2017, 07:53 AM
Last Post: JamesWatt
  SSH works, but no video SvdSinner 8 10,601 12-08-2016, 12:59 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  How to open Playbox with screen installed? LAPine 3 4,935 12-03-2016, 05:17 PM
Last Post: LAPine