USB Adapters
Ok, so I'm running the latest RemixOs. I have the following:
  • 1 third party wired XBOX controller
  • 2 original SNES controllers
  • multiple PS1/PS2 controllers
  • a SNES to usb adapter (two SNES controllers in, one usb out)
  • a PSX/PS2 to usb adapter (two PSX controllers in, one usb out)
Using Retroarch:

1. one PSX controller plugged in, worked fine in the menus, but was non responsive in game
  2. the  third party XBOX controller seems to work just fine in both menu and games
  3. one SNES controller plugged in, worked fine in the menus, but was non responsive in game
  4. on a hunch I disconnected the SNES controller from one adapter port, and plugged into the other one. Now it works in game, but not in menus.
Using SNESRetro 16:

1. one SNES controller works just fine in both menus and in game.
  2. two SNES controllers seem to work fine in menus, but create problems in game.
  3. during co-op, each controller can perform fine one at a time, but if trying to use both at the same time, it creates problems.
  4. switched to the PSX adapter/controllers, and find the same thing.
Conclusion: The pine64 see's each controller as the same, because they're plugged into the same USB port. Can anyone else confirm/refute this?

I currently have a small usb dongle plugged into one port, for my wireless keyboard. That leaves one free port. Now, if I obtained a USB hub and plugged two XBOX controllers into it, would the Pine recognize them as two different controllers, or just one device?
PINE A64+ w/ 2GB SDRAM, 8GB MicroSD Card, Basic Media Remote, Acrylic Open Enclosure, Wifi/Bluetooth Module, 5V 2A Power Supply.
Backer number #26,231  + KS Funded Jan 16, 2016 + Backerkit funded March 10, 2016