Linux is always crashing - bad board?
Hallo,

I already had some great help from people in irc chat....but unfurtunately the problem is still present.

I received my pine64+ 2Gb together with Android SD card and power supply.
I connected to TV and there was the allwinner boot screen ...forver!
I checked SD card and re-burned android but always the same.

I connected to the irc chat and 
- checked power supply: I'm now using 5V/4A
- bought a serial ttl converter to debug
- checked for soldering blobs during manufacturing
- checked SD card with F3
- removed Ethernet, HDMI, keyboard and all other connections - only power and TTL are left  
I tried the images:
a) Debian Mate (3.10.102 BSP 2) from https://www.pine64.pro/downloads/
b) and Ubuntu minimal image from https://www.stdin.xyz/downloads/people/l...es/ubuntu/

BUT, always same problem: The pine64 crashes with "Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address".
Somethines during boot ...somethimes later, depending what I'm doing.
I found out that as smaller the image as longer (minutes) it takes until crash/freeze. For example, with 2b) I could login and do something but as soon as connect ethernet or load something into mem it crashes. With 2a) I'm not even possible to login - and HDMI screen is always blank. 

I have attached some random serial consol logs. Please have a look to it.
I suppose that I have received a malfunction pine64 board and hopefulle pine64 will replace it and send me a new one.

Many thanks in advance

hes

Attached Files
.zip   _logs.zip (Size: 143.56 KB / Downloads: 296)
hi HES,

Good to see your serial cable has been helpful; sorry that this frustrating problem persists.

... I will forward this concern to tllim; he can authorize a replacement if these logs are indicative of a memory problem. I'll give our main linux devs the heads up about your log files too / thanks for posting them, and thanks for posting them responsibly as a zip file; I appreciate it !
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Hallo Mark,

Many thanks again for your and longsleep great help during chat.
This is like a kickstarter should work  Smile I really appreciate your time and knowhow to make it a success!

I'm keen to further experience with pine64 board.
I will come back to chat/forum when the problem has been solved. It may take a while...

hes
(08-13-2016, 02:03 AM)hscharke Wrote: Hallo Mark,

Many thanks again for your and longsleep great help during chat.
This is like a kickstarter should work  Smile I really appreciate your time and knowhow to make it a success!

I'm keen to further experience with pine64 board.
I will come back to chat/forum when the problem has been solved. It may take a while...

hes

Having same problems as you do. Tried all of the images especially Android. Apparently crash starts when trying to boot to desktop on every Linux and Android. Even gaved it a new mini heatsink on top of the A64 chip. Got it on for a week without a crash apparently with longsteep's headless Xenial (xenial-pine64-bspkernel-20160716-1.img) but i want a desktop. Pretty useless that you got a PINE A64+ 2GB with a Playbox kit that has been forced to go headless. Using multiple power sources. Tried multiple Sdcards. Nothing worked. Not sure why everyone's working but not ours.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Design custom board behnam_sh 6 9,553 07-11-2017, 12:26 PM
Last Post: xalius
Exclamation Pine A64+ 2GB Board Schematic wenderfit 19 23,330 09-13-2016, 06:37 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Board will not boot/does not work major7 2 4,130 09-03-2016, 02:53 AM
Last Post: major7
  Dead Board?? gubaguba 2 3,946 07-12-2016, 03:46 PM
Last Post: gubaguba
  new 2gb board not booting to known good image mythocelt 3 4,679 06-04-2016, 09:41 AM
Last Post: martinayotte
  revision board hazerty 8 10,178 03-01-2016, 03:35 PM
Last Post: tllim