SD card burn img size problems
Ok so i have been using the original android without update on my micro sd card on my tv and running kodi for a while when i saw there was an update i went to install and nothing happened status 7 error during reboot stage so no update.

Though i can set kodi back up screw it, fired it on the pc booted up win32disk imger which i used before, format and went to use the 64gb img, i have a sandisk ultra 64gb card. Kept getting img to large for target disk. WTF. Tried a few other tools, rufus included and same error

what the heck am i doing wrong i was literally pulling my hair out with this one, eventually resorting to flashing the 32gb version of the rom. Im now missing half my storage.

suggestions fellas
(08-11-2016, 07:34 AM)stephen0205 Wrote: Ok so i have been using the original android without update on my micro sd card on my tv and running kodi for a while when i saw there was an update i went to install and nothing happened status 7 error during reboot stage so no update.

Though i can set kodi back up screw it, fired it on the pc booted up win32disk imger which i used before, format and went to use the 64gb img, i have a sandisk ultra 64gb card. Kept getting img to large for target disk. WTF. Tried a few other tools, rufus included and same error

what the heck am i doing wrong i was literally pulling my hair out with this one, eventually resorting to flashing the 32gb version of the rom. Im now missing half my storage.

suggestions fellas

TL Lim is working on making OS images that will fit all cards of the different capacities offered (8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB). Quite a few people are encountering this issue, hopefully it will be resolved soon.
hopefully lol, i have lost half my storage
U guys might wan to try to use 'IBEx File size changer' to change the file size?

http://www.raspberry-projects.com/pi/pi-...ions-disks
Thread link and instructions for using IBEX file size changer can also be found here on the forum:

http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=2190
And here is described how easy it is to create those DD images correctly (small enough for any SD card out there), in way less time, consuming way less space and download bandwidth: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=2237

I hope TL Lim or whoever is responsible for providing these 'DD images' will look into.
(09-18-2016, 09:57 AM)tkaiser Wrote: And here is described how easy it is to create those DD images correctly (small enough for any SD card out there), in way less time, consuming way less space and download bandwidth: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=2237

I hope TL Lim or whoever is responsible for providing these 'DD images' will look into.

@kaiser, I will look into this.
(09-20-2016, 07:00 PM)tllim Wrote:
(09-18-2016, 09:57 AM)tkaiser Wrote: And here is described how easy it is to create those DD images correctly (small enough for any SD card out there), in way less time, consuming way less space and download bandwidth: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=2237

Thanks, please also remove every mentioning of Win32DiskImager and replace it with Etcher. Soooooo many problems related to broken burn processes or crappy / counterfeit SD cards are then gone immediately. The average user will never test his SD card before trying it out, Etcher will tell him when he got a fake or broken one at the verify stage. It's that easy.
(09-21-2016, 01:38 AM)tkaiser Wrote:

Thanks, please also remove every mentioning of Win32DiskImager and replace it with Etcher. Soooooo many problems related to broken burn processes or crappy / counterfeit SD cards are then gone immediately. The average user will never test his SD card before trying it out, Etcher will tell him when he got a fake or broken one at the verify stage. It's that easy.

Absolutely;  let's make this happen. 

... my commit on this is 'never' mention win32diskimager again; from a support standpoint start pushing Etcher.  And let's get the tutorials and helps rewritten;  I'll mention to ItsDave to rewrite the InfoBot scripts also.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(09-21-2016, 01:50 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 01:38 AM)tkaiser Wrote:

Absolutely;  let's make this happen. 

... my commit on this is 'never' mention win32diskimager again; from a support standpoint start pushing Etcher.  And let's get the tutorials and helps rewritten;  I'll mention to ItsDave to rewrite the InfoBot scripts also.

I have started an Etcher thread in General Discussion with this in mind.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maximum size of boot MicroSD for RockPro64 and Pinebook Pro commiecam 0 1,641 08-07-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: commiecam
  How to boot from SD card on pinebook pro linux123 3 5,947 12-02-2020, 10:29 AM
Last Post: linux123
  micro sd card won't insert Samuel Venable 2 4,385 09-01-2020, 12:15 AM
Last Post: Samuel Venable
  SD Card boot - trying out OS Baconomics 1 4,285 06-19-2020, 06:58 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  How to boot from the SD card and install to eMMC? ravanh 2 6,362 03-18-2020, 09:42 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  recommended micro sd card ? mronhb 91 210,311 03-03-2020, 11:34 PM
Last Post: siyatalerja
  eMMC card on adapter Malmgren 8 10,997 03-20-2018, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Malmgren
  corrupt microsd card after reboot maxpayne 6 9,880 02-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Last Post: maxpayne
  recommended micro sd card? Gustavo Woltmann 1 3,539 01-03-2017, 11:38 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  What is on the Micro SC card that came with the board? clawinus 1 3,624 11-03-2016, 02:33 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777