How to run Netflix in HD?
Hi all,

I got the Pine64 2GB version. I am wondering if there is any way to have Netflix play in HD resolution.

Thnx in advance for your answer!
What OS are you running?
Sorry, I hadn't had my morning coffee when I read your post. On Android, after you launch Netflix, Click the three horizontal lines that are on the top right. Scroll to the bottom under App Settings you will see options to configure the quality. Also, if i'm not mistaken, you can set a certain quality from within the account, say under netflix.com in a web browser. This will configure all the streams, no matter what device.
Thank you very much for your answer!

I am running the Android 6 version, and Netflix was not listed in the 'Playstore' (seems because it's rooted). I downloaded the Netflix app from the Netflix website.

1) I checked, but the Netflix app I have doesn't have the options to configure the quality (in App Settings).

2) I was able to go into my account settings via the options menu, and changed the 'playback' settings to 'high' (was on 'auto').

The result is that I went from a really bad resolution to a somewhat better resolution, still not 1080p I think...

Is there any way I could check the resolution?
(07-12-2017, 03:43 AM)Tony Wrote: Thank you very much for your answer!

I am running the Android 6 version, and Netflix was not listed in the 'Playstore' (seems because it's rooted). I downloaded the Netflix app from the Netflix website.

1) I checked, but the Netflix app I have doesn't have the options to configure the quality (in App Settings).

2) I was able to go into my account settings via the options menu, and changed the 'playback' settings to 'high' (was on 'auto').

The result is that I went from a really bad resolution to a somewhat better resolution, still not 1080p I think...

Is there any way I could check the resolution?

That I'm not sure of. 

You might be able to download Netflix on your phone, then install ES File Explorer. It has a backup option that will backup apps of your choosing. You can back it up and put it in google drive -> download from google drive on pc-> transfer to flash drive- Plug Flash drive into board-> navigate with file explorer to file and install it.

Also, are you hard wired or wireless? Another thing to remember is that your ISP can throttle Netflix streams as well.
Not sure if this would work...?

I'm wondering if I'm using the 'best' OS version for this (would a not-rooted version be better? or even Android-TV version? which is the best for watching Netflix on TV?)
Netflix will only work in SD mode, as device does support Widevine L3.
Homepage: https://ayufan.eu

Releases:
Rock/Pro 64/Pinebook Pro: LinuxChromium OS
So/Pine A64/Pinebook: LinuxAndroid 6.0Android 7.1

Buy me a Beer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there an android tv image out there where I can install netflix? eclay 2 6,289 07-18-2017, 08:49 AM
Last Post: eclay
  Netflix (v4.9.5) Error 1018 on Playback evanthor 3 15,824 12-19-2016, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Bluphire
Star Best way to run Netflix? Crispin 3 7,532 10-29-2016, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Bluphire
  Netflix and Twitter no longer working Punkyclown 0 2,380 10-20-2016, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Punkyclown
  Passthrough Audio Netflix and Plex Android User 4127 10 13,260 07-26-2016, 12:01 PM
Last Post: CaptainZalo
  Will Netflix actually be 4K Gaspode 11 19,607 02-11-2016, 11:39 AM
Last Post: clarkss12