OpenHAB And Zwave
I saw on the download page that ZWave is NOT yet supported. Unfortunately, I plan to use PINE64 to mainly control z-wave devices. Do you know when we can expect to get a release compatible with z-wave? Do I need to wait in order to get a new version of the OS image or it will be upgraded afterwards from the version currently available without requiring a full re-installation.

Cédric
If you need Z-Wave and you have a USB dongle, you can simply install the Z-Wave binding through the Paper UI. You might also have to add the serial port to the start scripts (see here).
With "not supported", the wiki merely means that it is not pre-configured to work with the Pine-ZWave-module, simply because I don't have one yet.
(07-27-2016, 09:46 AM)kai Wrote: With "not supported", the wiki merely means that it is not pre-configured to work with the Pine-ZWave-module, simply because I don't have one yet.

I too am awaiting my Pine-ZWave-module and my understanding is that they will ship soon.

I purchased the Pine 64 with z-wave to replace my current OpenHAB setup running on a RPi2 with an Aeon stick. Assuming there are no issues with the Pine-ZWave-module, do you feel that OpenHAB on Pine 64 is ready to replace a my current setup?

I have both the 2GB and 1GB Pine. Would you agree that there isn't much benefit of using the 2GB for OpenHAB?

Thank you!
Hi,

Now that these have shipped, is there any update? I've received mine and am trying to set it up, so an update would be great! Thanks!
I just received my Z-Wave module (US version).  What port does the zwave module bind to?  and I assume by the size that it fits on top of the Pi2 headers.  I've tried to map the controller to /dev/ttyS0, /dev/ttyS1, /dev/ttyS2, /dev/ttyS3 and /dev/ttyS4 with no success, all I get is "Port /dev/ttyS0 does not exist".  
I have also tried adding

-Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyS2:/dev/ttyS0:/dev/ttyS1:/dev/ttyS3:/dev/ttyS4

to the runtime/karaf/bin/setenv file as a JAVA_OPTS.  

Here are the groups my user has been granted:
openhab@openhab:~$ groups
openhab tty dialout sudo plugdev

Ok,  Here are some snippets from my logs by starting OpenHAB with /opt/openhab/start_debug.sh 

(when trying to access /dev/ttyS2)

Code:
21:58:10.322 [INFO ] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Connecting to serial port '/dev/ttyS2'
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/openhab/userdata/tmp/libNRJavaSerial_openhab_0/libNRJavaSerial.so: /opt/openhab/userdata/tmp/libNRJavaSerial_openhab_0/libNRJavaSerial.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: can't load IA 32-bit .so on a ARM-bit platform)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1941)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1824)
    at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:809)
    at java.lang.System.load(System.java:1086)
    at gnu.io.NativeResource.loadResource(NativeResource.java:136)
    at gnu.io.NativeResource.inJarLoad(NativeResource.java:40)
    at gnu.io.NativeResource.loadLib(NativeResource.java:60)
    at gnu.io.NativeResource.load(NativeResource.java:28)
    at gnu.io.SerialManager.<init>(SerialManager.java:10)
    at gnu.io.SerialManager.getInstance(SerialManager.java:16)
    at gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver.<clinit>(RXTXCommDriver.java:87)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
    at gnu.io.CommPortIdentifier.<clinit>(CommPortIdentifier.java:109)
    at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler.initialize(ZWaveSerialHandler.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$7$1.call(ThingManager.java:687)
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$7$1.call(ThingManager.java:1)
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller$CallableWrapper.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:170)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/openhab/userdata/tmp/libNRJavaSerial_openhab_0/libNRJavaSerial.so: /opt/openhab/userdata/tmp/libNRJavaSerial_openhab_0/libNRJavaSerial.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: can't load IA 32-bit .so on a ARM-bit platform)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1941)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1824)
    at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:809)
    at java.lang.System.load(System.java:1086)
    at gnu.io.NativeResource.loadResource(NativeResource.java:136)
    at gnu.io.NativeResource.inJarLoad(NativeResource.java:40)
    at gnu.io.NativeResource.loadLib(NativeResource.java:60)
    at gnu.io.NativeResource.load(NativeResource.java:28)
    at gnu.io.SerialManager.<init>(SerialManager.java:10)
    at gnu.io.SerialManager.getInstance(SerialManager.java:16)
    at gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver.<clinit>(RXTXCommDriver.java:87)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
    at gnu.io.CommPortIdentifier.<clinit>(CommPortIdentifier.java:109)
    at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler.initialize(ZWaveSerialHandler.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$7$1.call(ThingManager.java:687)
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$7$1.call(ThingManager.java:1)
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller$CallableWrapper.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:170)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError thrown while loading gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver thrown while loading gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver
21:58:10.611 [INFO ] [me.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:serial_zstick:f7349f3d' changed from OFFLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Serial Error: Port /dev/ttyS2 does not exist
(09-09-2016, 10:41 AM)avanderbergh Wrote: Hi,

Now that these have shipped, is there any update? I've received mine and am trying to set it up, so an update would be great! Thanks!

I'd like the answer to this as well.  I've been struggling to get it to work.
The above log shows "can't load IA 32-bit .so on a ARM-bit platform", this means that libNRJavaSerial.so isn't compiled for ARM.

Someone would have to compile it from sources, some were found here :

https://github.com/NeuronRobotics/nrjavaserial
(09-13-2016, 10:13 AM)martinayotte Wrote: The above log shows "can't load IA 32-bit .so on a ARM-bit platform", this means that libNRJavaSerial.so isn't compiled for ARM.

Someone would have to compile it from sources, some were found here :

https://github.com/NeuronRobotics/nrjavaserial

Thanks, I'll go compile that for arm and post my results.  

I read on another post that the ZWave module communicates on /dev/ttyS2, can anyone confirm or refute this?
According to the picture from https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1013/5...1455062700
it is connected to the EULA ten last pins, therefore, it is using PB8/PB9 as UART0, so the same as the debug console connector, so, /dev/ttyS0
(I don't know if there will be conflict with the console, I don't own this ZWave board.)
Interesting. What I received looked vastly different.  more like the image at this link.  It also appears to connect to the Pi2 bus

https://www.pine64.org/?product=pine64-z...us-version

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine A64 + OpenHAB + Sonoff-pow: Would it Work? Bob123456789 6 10,931 05-31-2017, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Bob123456789
  openHAB Packaging for the Pine64 kai 19 32,899 02-21-2017, 07:19 AM
Last Post: BatoXan
  Keeping Openhab current socken23 4 7,838 01-13-2017, 12:51 AM
Last Post: swinging
  zwave module not available eric 4 8,222 11-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Last Post: stubbs
  OpenHAB Up - Getting My Bearings - Questions doundounba 4 6,731 07-08-2016, 12:38 AM
Last Post: av1024
Information [solved] Openhab not starting socken23 10 14,227 06-21-2016, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Luke
  openHAB just up on Pine64 :-) tllim 2 7,898 05-04-2016, 05:27 AM
Last Post: Luke