I am very disappointed
I am very disappointed by pine phone, the phone I bought a short time ago, it never worked, the battery does not charge, it freezes often and is unusable, thanks for the scam of 270 euros, now I retouch resell it on ebay come as spare parts to 50, thanks pine for making me throw 270 euros thanks a lot.!!!! Angry
(02-02-2023, 02:43 AM)robb777 Wrote: I am very disappointed by pine phone, the phone I bought a short time ago, it never worked, the battery does not charge, it freezes often and is unusable, thanks for the scam of 270 euros, now I retouch resell it on ebay come as spare parts to 50, thanks pine for making me throw 270 euros thanks a lot.!!!! Angry

there are reports of total jams, which probably is software issue. i somehow manage to avoid those total jams, but encountered other issues a lot, mostly software. however, jams could indicate hardware issue, but wouldn't be my primary guess.

you didn't describe what kind of freezes you get.

if it is software, pinephone and pp pro are beta products, it means that users are expected to have bugs and glitches.
it is a pine phone, it is not the pro model, after it does not recognize the password for many attempts the phone freezes and the black screen remains with the cursor or in the middle, the settings cannot be changed because it freezes, if I put it below charge gets very hot and sometimes instead of charging it discharges.. I don't know..

the battery works i tested it with the 4 volt tester ..

i tried different os but they all have problems, i will put my pine phone back in the box in a drawer waiting for better times..amen!
(02-02-2023, 03:49 AM)robb777 Wrote: it is a pine phone, it is not the pro model, after it does not recognize the password for many attempts the phone freezes and the black screen remains with the cursor or in the middle, the settings cannot be changed because it freezes, if I put it below charge gets very hot and sometimes instead of charging it discharges.. I don't know..

the battery works i tested it with the 4 volt tester ..

i tried different os but they all have problems, i will put my pine phone back in the box in a drawer waiting for better times..amen!

Just as a check, the battery protector tab was removed when you used it? I imagine so, given you tested the battery.
https://forum.pine64.org/announcements.php?aid=25

Have you tried running an OS off a microSD card to see if that helps you in any way? There used to be a multiboot image you could flash, but it seems out of date at the moment. https://xnux.eu/p-boot-demo/

All the best.
Thanks for your kind reply, yesterday I was angry, now I tried to install as you explained, multi distro, I'm trying ubuntu touch seems to work fine...keep you posted..
i suspect the supplied usb cable is broken, i tried switching cables it seems to charge now.
Quite possible. I had to replace mine (the USB cable) after a few months. I would not expect it to ship already broken, but from your description, it seems to pretty clearly have happened in your case.
(02-03-2023, 06:12 AM)robb777 Wrote: Thanks for your kind reply, yesterday I was angry, now I tried to install as you explained, multi distro, I'm trying ubuntu touch seems to work fine...keep you posted..

Mind that the multi-distro image is just for quick testing and wasn't updated in a year. Best if you always flash the distribution directly using the latest available stable image.
where can I find the latest updated images available?
(02-20-2023, 04:54 AM)robb777 Wrote: where can I find the latest updated images available?

https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php?title=...e_Releases

ezik

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sadly disappointed. gordinaj 15 1,461 01-03-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  I'm a little disappointed in Pine64 Janik020301 23 19,471 11-19-2020, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Janik020301