Hardware Request: A screenless data collection wearable (like the Whoop)
I love that Pine offers a wearable watch with health tracking features - I really want a health tracker but I don't at all fancy smart watches. 

In the segment of screenless health trackers, there is currently the Whoop 4 and Amazon Halo band, both designed for discretion, supporting placement on the upper arm, ankle and even being attached via CGM sticker.

This is the Whoop 4 

[Image: 0Vdrj8g.png][Image: qjteWC2.png]

And this is what it looks like to have a health tracker attached via CGM sticker or bicep band

[Image: ZiIeXpt.jpg][Image: 36Bh735.png]

I was wondering if I could be so bold as to see if there is interest in such a device and perhaps make a hardware request (because I could never make this hardware myself)?

I feel like current generation wearables (fitbit and the like) are too focused on gimmicks, pushing subscription payments while lacking transparency. They have poor data exploration tools, don't offer insight into how they come to the health conclusions they do and you can't export raw data from their services .

Such a device would democratize the collection of health data and put the storage and post processing of that data in the hands of the device owner.

Does Pine64 take hardware requests?
So more or less the PineTime without the screen, and with a better heart rate / O2sat sensor? If the existing sensor is good enough you could get a watch bicep strap, and set the screen for activation by button so it's available if you need it but usually doing nothing.

I think there was a proposal for a better sensor already? It's on a separate flexi circuit.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [question] How does the step counter log data? arock 1 1,418 06-20-2022, 04:33 AM
Last Post: wibble
Lightbulb Feature Request duilns 8 5,819 05-10-2022, 08:19 AM
Last Post: ITCactus
Information [Urgent] RMA request for PineTime. apoorv569 1 2,060 07-28-2021, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Avamander