Will there be more paying options for Pine64EU?
The main question is in the title. The story is as follows:

I decided to try the european store and buy a replacement for my PineTime (mine is non-usable, basically e-waste), but I found that the pay must go through a company which I'm unfamiliar with and asks directly for credit/debit card info to transfer money from.

I'm not a fan of PayPal, but there's an additional step of approval at least. And I wasn't interested in trying if everything will work correctly with this new company.

I've donated the money to some open source projects. Well, in the end the money did end up being used to support something, so it's not all bad. But I would like it if more options to pay were added in the future, where the transfer of money doesn't happen automatically without my knowledge and approval on every transfer.
Are credit card agreements different in Europe? In the USA nobody is allowed to use my credit card information unless I approve of it. If I authorise a one-time payment, whomever I authorised is not allowed to make additional charges without my approval. Any other such use is considered fraudulent, and I am not responsible to pay for it.
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
There are a few different systems, but this seems like one of the oldest and with least friction to online purchase. You provide the card number and a secret number and the other side can just get the money, because they know the secret number. Should be the same for credit/debit/ card.

In that use case, I do not know how many times they can charge me in error or if the data can be stolen and used without my consent.

For example PayPal, Amazon, AliExpress, Microsoft and other big names are some of the other companies which require and use this information, but they're really big and any security mishap has a greater chance to be reported.

Well, things are probably working fine, but I refuse to give away such information to small regional players. Smile
Unless your card provider treats you differently than me, it doesn't matter if the data can be stolen and used without your consent. When you get the bill and you find charges on in that you did not authorise, you call the card provider and report the fraud, and you are reimbursed. By law here they're required you reimburse you minus $50, but I've never had that happen, they always reimburse the whole amount. I can hardly imagine it's different in Europe; nobody would use the things: You'd be at serious risk every time you make a purchase. Even if you trust the company, everyone who handles the card number can steal it. And this happens quite a lot.

I trust PayPal, Amazon, etc, much less than small regional players. PayPal especially, as they don't have a problem outright confiscating the funds of people who have differing politics than PayPal. When you sign up for Amazon, you authorise them to automatically take your money in penalty at times! Smaller companies don't stay in business very long if they commit fraud.
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
Would be nice though

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  www.pine64eu.com is blocking VPNs Clea 2 225 04-09-2024, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Add XMPP to Chat options qstambaugh 0 705 06-04-2022, 05:48 PM
Last Post: qstambaugh